Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   scan we talk about procrastination? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/scan-we-talk-about-procrastination-t263608.html)

sandy l 04-06-2015 03:08 AM

Are we sisters? Separated at birth maybe? :)

Onebyone 04-06-2015 04:18 AM

How I deal with procrastination is to not sink into it. I don't want to feel bad and when it's me making me feel bad well that's silly. I take a deep breath and say okay job here I come and soon I'll be done with you. I win. It works for me. I rarely have the feelings now since I started doing this. I know I can win so it's not a challenge anymore.

Charleen DiSante 04-06-2015 05:41 AM

Been there too, done that, and that, oh yes, and that, too. You, however, wrote it down so beautifully that maybe I will get to my sewing machine earlier today.

ppquilter 04-06-2015 05:47 AM

This is why I don't do commission quilts for other people. Because if they want a quilt in pinks and purples and I don't feel like working in pinks and purples it "WILL NEVER GET DONE!" I just sew/quilt what pleases me, otherwise its a job and not fun.

my-ty 04-06-2015 06:01 AM

Sigh, I wish I had some great advice but I suffer from this too. I "try" to schedule myself to get through those dreaded tasks... just a few minutes each day. I also like to create "to do" lists. When I can cross out tasks, I feel like I am making progress and I feel re-energized to finish a project.

mumzer 04-06-2015 07:00 AM

OM Goodness, that sure sounds like me.

nwm50 04-06-2015 07:41 AM

Sounds like me!! Except I've custody of granddaughter who's 11 now and time spent taking her 3 times a week for cheer & dance practice in addition to taking her and another GD to bustop and picking them up in afternoons, trying to decluttering house and then I get waylaid looking at MQ tutorial or reading the Block mag and want to try out a few blocks, ooops, remember I need to finish up a load of laundry and get supper started, neighbor sometimes ask for little help with something so off I go to do that and my best friends says I'm never sitting down! Oh yes now I've been delegated to pick up 2 small kids on Mon and Fridays, by the way I'm not young either. Whew! Some people thinks cuz u r retired that time is on your side! Lol

jothesewer2 04-06-2015 05:02 PM

I like to do things when I am in the mood. Last week I decided that the stack of UFO's needed to be finished, so I was in the mood to get them ready to finish. I now have 8 lap quilts to twin size ready to knot. But haven't gotten back to them yet. Must do's gets in my way like cooking and cleaning. I also have about 5 patterns with fabric ready to start on but I need the shelf room that the UFO's are on.

Nammie to 7 04-06-2015 05:26 PM

Yup -- only around here the other projects are called "But firsts" I will do that but first I will do this. At least something is getting done.

CMARAS1234 04-07-2015 08:45 PM

sounds like ADD to me. I have it, attention deficient disorder. and have a hard time staying on track. without getting distracted to do something else. I just have to stop and make myself finish what i am doing first, Sometimes i slip up but then i force myself to get back and finish it. It is pretty common. cmaras1234