Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   School again (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/school-again-t144955.html)

kathdavis 08-13-2011 10:22 PM

Good luck! I went back to get my masters at 48, after being out of college for 27 years. It was a whole different world with modern technology. I was forced to get savvy with my computer and all it can do. Glad I did it. Remember to enjoy the journey.

wanda lou 08-13-2011 10:45 PM

Best of luck.

GrannieAnnie 08-14-2011 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by susanlh
Just wanted to let you ladies (and gents) know that I am returning back to college after 34 yrs. I have had to unscribe from all my chat groups on the web. The next 2 yrs will be tough. I do plan on keeping you as my favorite group. I am usually a lurker and don't post much but I am an avid lurker. I look forward to each post. I have learned so much from you all and as much as I know that school will take a lot of my time in addition to working full time, I will always make time for my online family. You are a great group. I admire each and everyone of you for your talent. Thanks for sharing.

Good luck! I bet you'll be surprised how easy your classes will be. 10-1 you know way more about the subject than the younger students.. Assuming you are going back TO the school building, too, not just on line.

tmg 08-14-2011 04:12 AM

Good luck

smagruder 08-14-2011 04:54 AM

Good luck. Your education is very important. Stop in once in a while to let us know how you are doing.

mom-6 08-14-2011 06:20 AM

I went back after 'only' 15 years out. Amazed myself by making much better grades than the first go round. Did have to drop my 8 o'clock class though as getting hubby to work, 3 boys to the elementary school, the other 2 to the base preschool and then drive all the way across town and try to find a last minute parking place just didn't work very well! The last 9 hours I only took one class per session as by then I also had my baby DD and a job plus DH was overseas.
You can do it and do it well!

decky 08-14-2011 06:30 AM

Kudos to you for taking on such an important step in your life. When you are looking at the next 2 years it seems like a long time, but when you look back you see how fast it went. Good luck.

DaylilyDawn 08-14-2011 10:48 AM

I would like to say YO GO GIRL! Furthering your education should always be a high priority . I am in Central FL also in Polk Co. Very close to Florida Southern College and Southeastern college is right down the street from my house.

alwayslearning 08-14-2011 12:50 PM

Good for you! When I got my masters, I was working full time and found gradually that I was getting more and more tense. School/work, work/school, read, read, read text books and work proposals and reports, etc. Finally, I started getting up 15 minutes earlier (then a half hour) to do some "me" reading. What a difference! If you can do nothing else for yourself, visit this site to keep in touch!
You need to keep your sanity. Congratulations!

madamekelly 08-14-2011 12:56 PM

I admire you for going back. I am trying to work up the courage.