Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Screen Names (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/screen-names-t288798.html)

bearisgray 06-07-2017 04:35 AM

Screen Names

There is actually some fun reading when I pull up lists of screen names -

Many people included "Grandma" in their names.

I do a search and put in something like "Purple" - and every name that has "purple" in it comes up.

I tried "Red" - but that included things like "retired" - so that was not a fun list.

A lot of people have "cat" in their names.

"Orange" had a short list.

I, too, have wondered about the reason(s) why people might choose the names they did.

Endora 06-07-2017 04:48 AM

Now this is fun!

In choosing Endora, as I did, I'm a red-head (as Endora was), I'm staunch and no-nonsense (as Endora was), and I have always worn my fingernails long (as Endora did), so the name just fit.

dunster 06-07-2017 05:58 AM

I lived for a few years in the very small community of Dunster in Northern British Columbia. I still miss the people, the mountains, our horses, and all the wildlife there. I even miss the snow and having to drive hours to the nearest Home Depot or Costco.

Endora 06-07-2017 06:14 AM

Dunster. I'm a Canadian through-and-through (British Columbia-ite), and until you posted about having lived in Dunster, BC, I had never heard of it before.

anne2016 06-07-2017 07:43 AM

I have three baptisimal names and Anne is the third...never knew it was a part of my name until I got a birth certificate. I joined the board in 2016.

Bueniebabe 06-07-2017 08:29 AM

the little town I live in is North Buena Vista, everyone calls it Buenie

Anniedeb 06-07-2017 09:08 AM

My name is Deb. Back in the 80's my nieces couldn't say "Auntie". It came out "Annie". Thus I was called Anniedeb. The name has stuck...now my grand-nieces call me that too.

redstilettos 06-07-2017 09:14 AM

Mine is for several reasons. I do have "some" red in my hair (especially in summer!), Bu the two primary reasons are because I used to have a hot, hot, hot pair of red stiletto pumps when I was in my 20's. They turned heads ;) Now that I am older (and wiser?) I have a red stiletto to help with my sewing. My hubby sees my handle and thinks of my shoes, and I think of my sewing room. LOL.

dunster 06-07-2017 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Endora (Post 7838896)
Dunster. I'm a Canadian through-and-through (British Columbia-ite), and until you posted about having lived in Dunster, BC, I had never heard of it before.

Dunster is on Highway 16, west of Valemount and east of McBride. It has a general store, a community center, a small grade school, and that's about it. There is also a train station, but the train only stops by prior appointment. Yet it is one of the most beautiful spots on earth. It's in a valley between the Rocky Mountains and the Cariboo Mountains and the Fraser river runs through it. It's a farming/ranching community without an actual "town" and doesn't appear on many maps.

Faintly Artistic 06-07-2017 06:19 PM

Faintly Artistic comes from my last name (Faint) and a house full of artists. I don't think I am all that artistic, just faintly...