Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Searching for a new digital camera (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/searching-new-digital-camera-t40673.html)

Chasing Hawk 03-25-2010 11:07 AM

I currently own a Olympus fe-190. I want to upgrade, here is my issue the current camera has a delay before the picture is actually taken. Sometimes up to 15 seconds which is annoying. Do any of you have a digital camera that doesn't produce such a delay. Even the camera on my cell phone is faster...lol

BKinCO 03-25-2010 11:10 AM

My camera doesn't have a delay :) but it has other issues....don't get a Kodak EasyShare M381....

I've yet to find the "perfect" point and shoot...if you locate one, let me know :)

zyxquilts 03-25-2010 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
I currently own a Olympus fe-190. I want to upgrade, here is my issue the current camera has a delay before the picture is actually taken. Sometimes up to 15 seconds which is annoying. Do any of you have a digital camera that doesn't produce such a delay. Even the camera on my cell phone is faster...lol

I'm having the same problem with my new camera - but then, I haven't read the textbook that came with it yet! :mrgreen: (It's a Nikon D5000 DSLR) My little point-n-shoot Nikon Coolpix L3 only did that when the batteries were low.

fun2quilt 03-25-2010 11:58 AM

Just upgraded and updated my dcamera.
Got the nikon L110, so far I love it, haven't seen any delay, but I do have to hold the botton 1/2 way down to focus, then shoot. It is supposed to take multiple pics in a row, but haven't tried it yet and it works with my windows 7:)

hollyts1963 03-25-2010 12:09 PM

I had a panasonic Lumix built with a Leica lense was terrific until my husbands tripod fell while I was taking a photo of a quilt for auction.Cameras and cement sidewalks not friends:{.

Marjpf 03-25-2010 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by fun2quilt
Just upgraded and updated my dcamera.
Got the nikon L110, so far I love it, haven't seen any delay, but I do have to hold the botton 1/2 way down to focus, then shoot. It is supposed to take multiple pics in a row, but haven't tried it yet and it works with my windows 7:)

This is what I have, too. There is a setting so you don't have to wait for the focus. Pictures aren't as good, but you sure can take them fast!

joeyoz 03-25-2010 04:52 PM

I have a Sony Cyber-shot. It takes the picture right away and it also will take several in a row rapidly. Love my camera.

amma 03-25-2010 05:01 PM

I have an HP photosmart, the only time there is a delay to the shutter, is if I set it that way :D

Chasing Hawk 03-25-2010 06:19 PM

Thanks for the input everyone. I am going to look for the manual it came with and see if I can adjust it. If not, I shall research some more and gladly accept any more suggestions.

craftybear 03-26-2010 12:20 AM

We have a digital camera but haven't learned how to use it.