Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Searching for Someone on Board (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/searching-someone-board-t75872.html)

Momma_K 11-11-2010 09:37 PM

Hey, Ok this may sound a little off but, I'm wondering if it's permissible to search for someone in the board? It's my cousin and I know she's an avid quilter but I don't know how to get in touch with her. I have a feeling she would be active here, if so then I know I can find her. I won't give any details in case it's a no no to do this. If I can do this then I'll give name and state.
Can someone help me on this? :roll: :lol:

amma 11-11-2010 09:40 PM

I don't think it is against the rules... but really in order to do this, wouldn't you have to put a lot of personal info here in order for her to know who you are?
I am thinking that might not be safe... anyone in the world could read it.. just saying :D:D:D

Momma_K 11-11-2010 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by amma
I don't think it is against the rules... but really in order to do this, wouldn't you have to put a lot of personal info here in order for her to know who you are?
I am thinking that might not be safe... anyone in the world could read it.. just saying :D:D:D

Ya know I never thought of that, but if I just tell her it's Kasper...she should know. I don't know, I may just see if my mother has her address. Thanks for your thoughts. I told my husband, "When I don't think, you have to!" Ha!

Gwyn 11-11-2010 09:50 PM

Perhaps you could relate a funny story or family joke that she would recognize as you. Be really careful about giving information or pictures.

amandasgramma 11-11-2010 09:52 PM

I'd think you could just put in "looking for my cousin, Jane. Used to live in Timbucktoo. signed: Kathy. If there's a Jane that lived in Timbucktoo that has a cousin Kathy on the board - she'd respond. It wouldn't be giving up too much info! Good luck!

Sadiemae 11-11-2010 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
I'd think you could just put in "looking for my cousin, Jane. Used to live in Timbucktoo. signed: Kathy. If there's a Jane that lived in Timbucktoo that has a cousin Kathy on the board - she'd respond. It wouldn't be giving up too much info! Good luck!

I think this would be a good idea. I am really careful and I don't post my personal info, but a first name and town would even be okay with me.

Momma_K 11-11-2010 10:10 PM

You all are great! I'm headed to bed now but will try to think of the right words. Quilting is her passion, she's a retired nurse and has nothing else to do.

Thanks again Ladies...I appreciate you all. :wink:

SueDor 11-12-2010 05:51 AM

Maybe you could go to the header and press User List. You can check by state also.

sewgull 11-12-2010 07:37 AM

Hope you find each other.

SuziC 11-12-2010 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Momma_K
You all are great! I'm headed to bed now but will try to think of the right words. Quilting is her passion, she's a retired nurse and has nothing else to do.

Thanks again Ladies...I appreciate you all. :wink:

I wish you all the luck in finding her!