Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Selling Crafts Online/Paypal (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/selling-crafts-online-paypal-t248532.html)

thegoatlady 06-18-2014 03:01 AM

There is also Google Wallet

thegoatlady 06-18-2014 03:02 AM

You can also use Google Wallet - easy to use..

abdconsultant 06-18-2014 03:18 AM

Been using eBay forever, no problem.

romanojg 06-18-2014 03:41 AM

I used Pay Pal for yrs and then this past year it was hacked into and if I hadn't acted so fast I would have lost close to 1,000. I did not like the way they handled it, even though it ended up being proven that I didn't make the charges they still tried to take the money from my bank. When I emailed them trying to find the status of the problem they told me I'd have to log onto my account to find out. When ever I tried to log in after changing my login info they kept asking me to confirm my bank account info (which of course I closed immediately) and I could never get passed that screen because I wasn't confirming anything with the money being in dispute. One account they showed had been cancelled 2 yrs ago so it shouldn't have even showed up. I really wasn't sure if I was even connected to Pay Pal even though I went thru the web to get them, I never click on links in emails. There have been a few offers on here that I would have loved to get but the sellers only wanted to use Pay Pal and I'm not going back there. Good luck with selling your crafts but realize not everyone wants or can use Pay Pal.

sunrise450 06-18-2014 05:21 AM

I have never sold and used paypal in that way but I have been purchasing through paypal for years and have never had a problem. Very very seldom do I purchase something here or online if I can't use paypal.

moonwork42029 06-18-2014 05:27 AM

Pretty much the same as what others have said.

I have sold items on Ebay and didn't offer Paypal and had huge hassles...never again for me.

If I can't use Paypal I don't sell or buy anything online. I like the protection of others not having my account information.

klswift 06-18-2014 10:05 AM

I have been selling on a variety of sites using paypal for years. I also buy almost everything online and will not buy gifts from sellers who do not use paypal. This is because of the security issues using credit/debit cards. The identity theft/credit hacking issue far out ways any difficulties experienced when a buyer disputes a shipment and paypal temporarily puts a hold on an account. After all, that is their job, to step in and protect both parties in a dispute.
In my 'real' job, I deal with identity theft on a daily basis - it is huge! And everyone has seen the large stores/businesses in the news recently having their systems hacked. One thing I suggest to people who buy with a credit card, either online or at a brick and mortar, is to get a credit card from your bank with a small limit ($300 - $500) and REQUIRE that they do not increase the limit. Use this card for all purchases. If you spend a bunch, 2 days later make a payment on the card and you can go spend more. Then if the number is hacked and/or stolen, the thief will be frustrated with the limited spending.

CookyIN 06-18-2014 11:03 AM

I have a dedicated, totally free bank account just for PayPal. I only keep about $100 in it at any given time. The lady at the bank who set me up with it confirmed that I was smart for handling it that way and lamented that more people didn't.

donna13350 06-18-2014 11:40 AM

I've used paypal for over 10 years now..the full 10 buying and the last 5 selling, too. I have to say..I don't care for the fees, but I guess everybody has to get their share, and I feel that I make up for them through the discounted shipping I get. I have never had a problem with paypal, as a buyer or a seller..I have had a couple of disputes over the years and found them to be both prompt, and fair. I know that it's ebays policy to withdraw the money back from the sellers account and hold it when a claim is opened..I don't see this as a bad thing..I think it protects everyone. Most claims are made for buyer not receiving item( tracking cures that!), or item not as described..(be honest and take lots of pics)..or a damaged item..this one is more tricky because it doesn't pay to insure small dollar items, but I always insist on insurance for anything over 50 dollars...(if you ship priority, the first 50 dollars insurance is included)..Most buyers and sellers are very honest, and most transactions go very smoothly. After you're on for a while..you start to notice the "red flags"...if the pics are too distant to see detail, or they are blurry...move on..seller is trying to hide something!An honest seller will show you good, detailed pics of the item, from many angles.

Carol34446 06-18-2014 02:38 PM

Have used Pal Pal for 8-9 years and no problems, both for buying and selling.