Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Selling on Etsy? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/selling-etsy-t114225.html)

Sue Fish 04-07-2011 07:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have been making the doll sweaters and thinking about selling on etsy. Any one else sell there? I am mainly curious about if you get a good response.

Rebecca VLQ 04-07-2011 08:01 AM

Sue, they're adorable! I'd give it a go...what's the worst that can happen, you lose $5? :D

Sue Fish 04-07-2011 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
Sue, they're adorable! I'd give it a go...what's the worst that can happen, you lose $5? :D

Well. I just may... I enjoy making them and would like to sell more.

lbaillie 04-07-2011 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Sue Fish

I'd be interested in seeing the feed back you get, I've been thinking about selling some of my quilt tops and quilts.

scrappy happy 04-07-2011 09:37 AM

sue they are really really cute, i dont know anything about that site, but wish u lots of luck.

Sue Fish 04-07-2011 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by lbaillie

Originally Posted by Sue Fish

I'd be interested in seeing the feed back you get, I've been thinking about selling some of my quilt tops and quilts.

Thanks...If I do it I will report back...might be nice for many of the people on these boards who enjoy making things to sell

ladyshuffler 04-07-2011 09:54 AM

Well I just might have to give it a try as well!!

KimmieH 04-07-2011 10:08 AM

i have an etsy site...its not going to make you rich by any means LOL but its fun, i have sold items, but it has been slow. The key is to market yourself alot (blogs, facebook, etc). I have a cousin who makes full-time income on it, selling little girl dresses, and is now hiring help!! but again..she markets herself ALOT!
I dont have time for that...but if i can sell a few things here & there..and make a little $$ to buy more fabric..im a happy camper :0)

Give it a shot.....only 20cents to list something.

Kim

Sue Fish 04-07-2011 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by KimmieH
i have an etsy site...its not going to make you rich by any means LOL but its fun, i have sold items, but it has been slow. The key is to market yourself alot (blogs, facebook, etc). I have a cousin who makes full-time income on it, selling little girl dresses, and is now hiring help!! but again..she markets herself ALOT!
I dont have time for that...but if i can sell a few things here & there..and make a little $$ to buy more fabric..im a happy camper :0)

Give it a shot.....only 20cents to list something.

Kim

Thanks so much for the info. I only have a couple of people on facebook...but maybe they will help. Ty