Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Severe Weather (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/severe-weather-t116447.html)

TootieAnn 04-15-2011 07:02 PM

Anybody on the board live in the states affected by the tornadoes yesterday and today? I think I saw some pictures of tornado damage on the board one day this week. I just saw TV coverage on the Weather Channel. Is everybody okay? Sending prayers and hugs!!!

Jan in VA 04-15-2011 07:17 PM

I'm thinking of them too as I listen to the siding on this old cottage being buffetted by the winds here tonight, but ours is likely just a front moving in. Nothing like what they've just experienced. Holding those areas in prayer.

Jan in VA

TootieAnn 04-15-2011 07:22 PM

I think we just have a front coming in tonight too. Rain, hail, and high winds are forecast for tomorrow. We do need to hold the people affected by this in our prayers. I heard more was coming their way tomorrow. I hope not.

cjomomma 04-15-2011 07:34 PM

We had the severe storms roll thru here. The tornado sirens were going off, the wind was crazy. We gathered in the bathroom. DH drove home in it. He said the rain was blinding but as he got to our parking lot he saw a tornado to the west of us. He scared the crap out of us when he bursted thru the front door. It was enough excitement to last for the rest of spring. The weather has been too extreme already.
I want winter back.

moonwork42029 04-15-2011 07:42 PM

no...no more winter please.....

We had pea size hail for a while tonight and the wind was ripping off pieces of the weeping willow tree and flinging them about. My driveway is littered with little chucks of twigs and branches...

Wasn't fun for awhile but all is well now...hoping the stars come out and twinkle

cjomomma 04-15-2011 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by moonwork42029
no...no more winter please.....

We had pea size hail for a while tonight and the wind was ripping off pieces of the weeping willow tree and flinging them about. My driveway is littered with little chucks of twigs and branches...

Wasn't fun for awhile but all is well now...hoping the stars come out and twinkle

The stars are already out over here.

barb55 04-15-2011 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by TootieAnn
Anybody on the board live in the states affected by the tornadoes yesterday and today? I think I saw some pictures of tornado damage on the board one day this week. I just saw TV coverage on the Weather Channel. Is everybody okay? Sending prayers and hugs!!!

There were tornadoes all over the state, got close here. It did hit a small town and killed two and hurt 15 others. Bad stuff. They say the bad weather is heading your way this weekend. Hope every body stays safe

tammy cosper 04-15-2011 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
We had the severe storms roll thru here. The tornado sirens were going off, the wind was crazy. We gathered in the bathroom. DH drove home in it. He said the rain was blinding but as he got to our parking lot he saw a tornado to the west of us. He scared the crap out of us when he bursted thru the front door. It was enough excitement to last for the rest of spring. The weather has been too extreme already.
I want winter back.

I can imagine he did scare you to death doing that.
No need for loud forceful sounds in Oklahoma when there is severe weather and threats of tornadoes. Glad all are ok.