Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Share your funny or cute stories about quilting or sewing ? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/share-your-funny-cute-stories-about-quilting-sewing-t51557.html)

craftybear 06-26-2010 08:05 PM

Share your funny or cute stories about quilting or sewing?

cjomomma 06-26-2010 08:17 PM

I don't know if this is funny or not but it was cute. 1 night I was sitting at the kitchen table pinning blocks together. Well I got up to do something and when I came back little man was sitting in my chair and my blocks had pins stuck everywhere in them, standing up straight. I asked him what do you think you are doing and he said, not even bothering to look at me, I am busy quilting now leave me alone. I never did get those blocks pinned, I just let him sit there and do his quilting.

MegsAnn 06-26-2010 08:33 PM

That's so cute! Love it when kids wanna do what you're doing.

Once when I was babysitting, the kids wanted to watch a movie. So, I did what I usually do when watching TV, pulled out a hand-quilting project. They were appalled when I stuck a pin into the arm of their couch. "You wouldn't want somebody to stick a hole into you, would you?" I showed them that the couch wasn't hurt and the hole just closes right up, and they spent an hour or more making patterns with my extra pins in the arm of the couch. I had the ones with the round colored tops, so they made little faces, flowers, and such. (They were 6 and 10 at the time and well supervised so they didn't hurt themselves, BTW.)

SuziC 06-27-2010 05:07 AM

Last year my grandaughter wanted a "princess" quilt (age2) so you know us grammas..i made her one. As i was finishing the binding, something did not look or feel right. I thought the batting was bunched up in one spot and it drove me NUTS so as you can imagine i got out the seam ripper....guess what i found inside??? Her new princess Big Girl Underwear! She hid it inside so because they matched the quilt! I don't know how she did it or when but now i check every quilt for little "surprises" You gotta love Grandchildren!!

cjomomma 06-27-2010 05:29 AM

That was so cute. So did you give the underware back or did you sew them into the top of the quilt?

SuziC 06-27-2010 07:51 AM

I had to give them back to her...they were her favorite and she was completely potty trained within a month! They say everything happens for a reason. Now i check and double check!

mrspete 06-27-2010 01:10 PM

Three year old neighbor boy runs over and pushes the door bell nearly every day when his mom takes him with her as she leaves for work. And I opened the door as usual, he bolted in and said, "I hiding". I said "why?" He replied, "cause I don't go poop." So I asked him if he wanted to use my bathroom. He said yes and I took him. Meanwhile his mom was outside waiting and I had pins in my shirt...........DOESN'T EVERYONE? He pointed to them and asked, "that?" and I said, "Oh, those are my pins, I've been quilting." So, we finished up and he wanted to run outside and I opened the door as his mom was about to ring the bell. She called him by name and asked what was his problem, he knew they had to go, her busiest time of day, etc. He looked at her and said, "I (meaning himself) built." She said, "You built what?" He pointed to my pins and said, "there." I told her I had been quilting. She said, 'Oh you mean quilt?" and then looked up at me and she asked, "You mean you let him?" I was chuckling, I said, "No, he wanted to use the potty and I took him there and he saw my pins and asked about them and I told him that I had been quilting." He piped up instantly and said, "Built poop." She looked so shocked and I just got a kick out of him AND his mom. She went to work shaking her head. This was the first time he had ever done anything like this. We were gone the next day at that time, so I hope he doesn't get the habit! I can built alone.

cjomomma 06-27-2010 07:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I just had to show you all the pic's of little man doing what he calls quilting. He is 3 and a half.

mrspete 06-27-2010 08:01 PM

awww, your little man is adorable

cjomomma 06-27-2010 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by mrspete
awww, your little man is adorable

Thank you.
he is the only one that won't stay out of my sewing area.