Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   shoe brand, does anyone have these? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/shoe-brand-does-anyone-have-these-t219113.html)

Prism99 04-14-2013 10:57 AM

Merrill, Clarks and Dansko are among the best brands for shoes. All are well-made with good arch and foot support. I got used to spending about $100 per pair of shoes a decade ago. For me, it's the difference between feeling fine and having feet that hurt. One good thing about these shoes is that they can last a LONG time! My inside Dansko shoes lasted a good five years before I had to replace them. Same thing with my Birkenstock outdoor sandals.

Wildernessties 04-14-2013 11:17 AM

I, too, got a pair of Merrills when I had plantar faceitis (? Sp) and I like them. They are a "moc" style I guess you could say. I also like the LL bean mocs which I got next and they are less expensive plus they have free shipping and free return shipping ifnthey don't fit.. I love my Berkenstocks, too, but they are sandals. If you know the style number you tried on, try Googling it to find a good price. LL Bean often has footwear on sale and I only get the mocs there when it is a sale (I am cheap I guess) but it is hard for me to justify paying $100 for a pair of shoes.

Stitchnripper 04-14-2013 12:24 PM

Merrills are great shoes. I have a couple pair and Mr. Stitchripper has some too. We like them.

sharisews 04-14-2013 12:30 PM

They are great shoes. Have worn them for several years. Clark's and Bjorn are also good.

canmitch1971 04-14-2013 12:55 PM

Merrell is a very good shoe but my absolute most comfortable shoes are either Keens or Birkenstocks..they saved my life. I am really impressed with Keens especially..

hikingquilter 04-14-2013 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Monika (Post 6000727)
I love Merrill and SAS. I have real problems with shoes. I just gave up trying to buy inexpensive shoes, but now I don't need them very often. I have bad knees so I really need support and comfort.

Same here. I have had the same pair of Merrill hiking boots for years and last year bought a pair of low-cut sneaker type for more leisurely walks in the woods. I love my SAS shoes for work. Both brands are comfortable from the first day you buy them and last for years. Kind of pricey but they do last.

BDawn 04-14-2013 01:50 PM

I have a pair of Merrell shoes, sandals and a pair of boots. Great arch support ( I have high arch and narrow heel) and I just love them.

lauriejo 04-14-2013 02:09 PM

Love Merrill and SAS. They are more expensive to purchase initially, but save money in the long run since they last so long. I can't wear all the styles of either brand, have to try them on and some are not as comfortable.

auntdeb 04-14-2013 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by OCquilter (Post 6000451)
They have been around forever. They are wonderful. I discovered them when I had plantar fasciitis. Worth the money if you have foot problems plus they are very durable and seem to last for years.

My opinion also. I have 2 or 3 pair.

carrieg 04-14-2013 04:00 PM

Merrell's are a good brand if you have foot problems. I have 3 pair I think. My summer sandals are another brand - I think Ecco? Those are very good too for support. Expensive to have to buy any of them, but they prevent pain, so better in the long run.

I see all these young people wearing flip flops and wonder what kind of issues they will have in 5-20 years.