Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Should have done this a long time ago! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/should-have-done-long-time-ago-t218231.html)

MisDixie 04-04-2013 03:29 PM

And thats the ticket, realizing I needed the help. I am on the last of the spring break from school and all the stuff I planned on doing just didn't get done. Too tired after last weeks trip to the big city. Got a few more days and need to sort out the clutter and I will be able to have my new hire do the job without too much trouble. Heck if it keeps me and DH in check for tidying up after ourselves, that could be a real good thing.

Originally Posted by Jingle (Post 5978065)
Good for you to realize you need the help. So far I am able to still do it.

lynnie 04-04-2013 03:41 PM

Im so gllad you got the extra help, im glad i did. Lifes to short, eat cheesecake and leave the crumbs for someone elze to clean up!

Tink's Mom 04-04-2013 03:47 PM

I found a nice cleaning lady 18 months ago for my Mom...she has COPD and MANY other things. She can't do the cleaning anymore and I can't do it for her...hard enough to do my own.
Now, I'm going to have her come here for a couple of months....I just got out of the hospital with pnemonia and don't have any energy... plus when I am recovered....I will be having knee replacement.

MisDixie 04-04-2013 03:52 PM

Makes me wonder why we wait so long to do stuff like this for ourselves?

mic-pa 04-05-2013 03:09 AM

Funny this subject came up cause i just yesterday hired a cleaning lady. I can no longer do the cleaning like I use to and I no longer want to. so am looking forward to having some one else do it. The people I hired are professional cleaners and come how ever often you want them . I can't wait for the next week to come a nd they can get started.

Geri B 04-05-2013 04:33 AM

Had one once for about 6 months when I worked full time, but I would "clean up" before she came.....dumb, I know..so now I do it w/help of daughter......not perfect but life is too short to keep dust bunnies from hiding under the bed!

craftiladi 04-05-2013 04:51 AM

So glad that you were smart enough to realize you could do better for yourself by having someone else do the cleaning. I also have COPD and somedays it takes me all day to do what I used to be able to get done in a couple hrs. My husband would surely commit me if I said i wanted to hire someone.....he recently announced we aren't going to use the landscaper to mow the yards anymore-its a waste of 80.00 a month...the grow season hasn't really started but the lawns have needed mowing for 2 weeks. I used to be very OCD about cleaning, I have slacked off alot , my energy is better used on sewing, reading, gardening-I now clean once a week if I feel it needs it. Enjoy your day.

coopah 04-05-2013 05:01 AM

Good for you! :-) I'm glad you found a "keeper!" My cleaning lady was a parent of one of my students. I knew I wanted her when she organized my school closets. Had to wait two years before she had an opening. She is now one of my best friends...she knows where all the dirt is! :-)

Jeannette51 04-05-2013 06:13 AM

I had a cleaning lady come in twice a month. She did all the things I hated, windows, bathrooms, etc. It was great. Would love to have her back, but we moved to Reno making it a long drive from Wisconsin!!! Sure miss her.

alwayslearning 04-05-2013 08:07 AM

My husband used to do all the cleaning. I did the cooking. We both worked full time. Then when he retired, he also took over some of the cooking. I am retired now, after a serious illness. His preference is to eat out most days and he recently hired someone to help with the cleaning. My back and my stomach thank him.