Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Shower Head Recommendation (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/shower-head-recommendation-t302503.html)

JENNR8R 01-24-2019 08:53 AM

Shower Head Recommendation

Does anyone have a shower head that they like? I've got an old one that predates the water-saving features on the ones these days. It keeps falling apart on me, and I keep putting it back together because I like a strong stream of water. I don't think it will last much longer.

Could you send me a link of where to buy one that you like that has a strong stream of water?

Please and thank you...

bakermom 01-24-2019 09:04 AM

We have a Moen shower head that has the handheld shower head with it. Do not know the model but it should be easy to find online. If you check their website they tell the GPM(gallons per minute for the different styles

Onebyone 01-24-2019 02:24 PM

We just bought a house and the shower head is the big rain type right in the center. It's like standing in a gentle rain. I hate it. I want a strong stream. DH went to a salvage yard and found one of the old style shower nozzles. No water saving sissy one. He is installing it this weekend.

NJ Quilter 01-24-2019 05:33 PM

I'd love a non-water saving shower head myself! Onebyone - thanks for the info on the rain-head style. I've drooled over them not knowing there isn't much pressure behind the water. I'll table that plan!

coopah 01-25-2019 05:27 AM

We have shower heads that can stay in the wall holder or be hand-held. This was important as Mom became more handicapped and needed to sit for a shower. The nozzle has different settings so one can click into soft or hard spray and anything in between. Most of the major brands have this type of shower head. If you stick with a name brand, you should be okay.

SusieQOH 01-25-2019 05:32 AM

I don't know the brand but we just replaced ours with big ones from Bed Bath and Beyond. They are really nice!

mmunchkins 01-25-2019 06:31 AM

You used to be able to take the new shower heads apart and remove the water saver piece. My husband did that for ours. I don't know if you can still do that.

Madgie Rae 01-25-2019 01:02 PM

I have a Water-Pik (probably about my fourth one in 35-40 + years. It has several settings, but is easy as pie to change. That's a great feature, because my hubs loves a soft, falling water stream and I love the pulsating massage. It is good and strong for a shower head, I might add. It also has the removable, hand held head and I love it when my knees swell and hurt or trigger points on shoulders are acting up. I have scoliosis and it is just GOOD for my back! Hair rinses so quickly with that pulsing water. Don't know about a water saving feature . . . and not to be a smart alleck, but I don't really care. These give us wonderful showers. I would miss it if I couldn't replace it as I've always done! HOPE YOU FIND ONE THAT IS TO YOUR LIKING!!!!!!!!

Onebyone 01-25-2019 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by NJ Quilter (Post 8199248)
I'd love a non-water saving shower head myself! Onebyone - thanks for the info on the rain-head style. I've drooled over them not knowing there isn't much pressure behind the water. I'll table that plan!

The one we had in the shower had no strong pressure. There may be some that does. But where ours was placed the pressure would go on the top of the head straight down. Be mindful of where it's placed. DH is moving the connector pipe so the new nozzle won't be right above our heads.