Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   signing up for new websites and blogs?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/signing-up-new-websites-blogs-t286324.html)

Helen6869 02-23-2017 09:43 AM

signing up for new websites and blogs??

I have been visiting some new quilting sites that are linked to the sites I already visit and when I go to these, I cannot find out how to sign up for their newsletters. Am I missing something here? Maybe it is because they are linked to another site but I would like to receive their blogs by email but so many don't post a way to do this. Also, I have noticed you cannot comment on many of these because they don't allow non-bloggers (people without an open id, wordpress, google etc. account to post a comment. These are the ones I then unsubscribe to. It's a shame as I feel like I am missing some good info and fun out there!! Frustrating! Anyone else notice this?

tessagin 02-23-2017 10:02 AM

I don't subscribe to many because of being overwhelmed with so many emails/newsletters I don't evenhave time to look at. To go through so much to get a newsletter or be able to comment isn't worth it to me.

cashs_mom 02-23-2017 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by tessagin (Post 7770763)
I don't subscribe to many because of being overwhelmed with so many emails/newsletters I don't evenhave time to look at. To go through so much to get a newsletter or be able to comment isn't worth it to me.

I agree. I have too much else to do.

Onebyone 02-23-2017 03:10 PM

Every site and blog has a Facebook page. You can post your question to the source.

Helen6869 02-23-2017 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone (Post 7770909)
Every site and blog has a Facebook page. You can post your question to the source.

Well I know I'm weird but I dont do facebook....so there's that... I guess if they don't make it easy then some of us can't do it. so I won't be reading their blogs. I enjoy reading them and getting inspiration as well as free patterns and tutes. Thanks all!

cashs_mom 02-23-2017 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Helen6869 (Post 7771016)
Well I know I'm weird but I dont do facebook....so there's that... I guess if they don't make it easy then some of us can't do it. so I won't be reading their blogs. I enjoy reading them and getting inspiration as well as free patterns and tutes. Thanks all!

I"m weird, too. I don't do FB either. I do occasionally look at something over there but I don't really like it and don't have an account.

lwbuchholz 02-24-2017 05:54 AM

I don't do Facebook either and get frustrated that so many people and businesses will do specials only on Facebook.
Lynda

Helen6869 02-24-2017 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by lwbuchholz (Post 7771257)
I don't do Facebook either and get frustrated that so many people and businesses will do specials only on Facebook.
Lynda

I totally agree. I think it's a form of manipulation and I refuse to be manipulated into that. It is frustrating when that is the only way to contact or view something. And it's unfair!! lol!

Onebyone 02-24-2017 10:21 AM

The thousands on Facebook out numbers the ones not on Facebook so Facebook is the way the shops and blogs are going. I have a fake Facebook page just for quilting no personal info at all on it. Except IP address that no one can change anyway. I don't post, but the tips, flash sales, videos, and pictures are so worth checking ever so often.

Bjbaxter 02-24-2017 05:13 PM

You don't have to have a Facebook page to view these types of Facebook pages.