Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Sleep time changing (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/sleep-time-changing-t162186.html)

athomenow 10-21-2011 01:39 PM

Talk to your doctor about Tarazadone. Mild antidepressant that has the side effect of helping you sleep. Take it in bed and fall asleep within 30 min. Helps quiet my mind. I wake up to go potty but back to sleep usually pretty quick. No hangover no matter when I take it or get up. Cheap also. $10 for 3 months at Kroger pharmacy.

KerryK 10-21-2011 02:36 PM

So are you getting up and quilting? LOL

Painiacs 10-21-2011 03:04 PM

Dr oz suggests a cooling eye mask and a sound machine. I use soft soothing music.

happymrs 10-21-2011 03:15 PM

I get this way in spurts too, & am in one now. Mine seems to happen every other night or so, as I am tired the next night, after one of these spells, & sleep pretty well that night, lol. Then, it's like I catch up & it happens again. I often wonder if the seasonal weather changes, but just glad it's not all the time, every night... Hate to take anything, so sometimes I get back up for an hour or so, sip on some cold milk, read or whatever, then go back to bed & sleep this time around...thank goodness!...

leatheflea 10-21-2011 03:27 PM

Try more activity during the day. If you dont burn energy you dont need to replace it. And some people just dont require as much sleep.

Jan in VA 10-21-2011 04:14 PM

Debbie,
How old are you? Could this have anything to do with menopause or perimenopause?; my sleep changed when I began that cycle, and you know that was a loooong time ago!

Jan

Carron 10-21-2011 06:56 PM

Try setting your alarm clock to go off just about the time you awake, be it 1am ..1:30am...or when ever you do awaken during the night.....once you hear the alarm go off maybe you will be as I am and think 'oh, no, I don't want to get up now', shut off the alarm, roll over and go back to sleep.
Having to get up makes me not want too! LOL

snipforfun 10-21-2011 07:09 PM

Ambien is my best friend!

DebsShelties 10-22-2011 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
Debbie,
How old are you? Could this have anything to do with menopause or perimenopause?; my sleep changed when I began that cycle, and you know that was a loooong time ago!

Jan

Just turned 53 I hate to say it, but I am hoping that time will be soon, hate the monthly stuff.

DebsShelties 10-22-2011 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Carron
Try setting your alarm clock to go off just about the time you awake, be it 1am ..1:30am...or when ever you do awaken during the night.....once you hear the alarm go off maybe you will be as I am and think 'oh, no, I don't want to get up now', shut off the alarm, roll over and go back to sleep.
Having to get up makes me not want too! LOL

I don't use an alarm clock