Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Snow -- on April 16 -- two years in a row! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/snow-april-16-two-years-row-t186306.html)

LeslieFrost 04-16-2012 02:11 PM

Snow -- on April 16 -- two years in a row!

3 Attachment(s)
Here in NW Wisconsin, on Sat. the 14th, it was 70 degrees and sunny! I have the sunburned shoulders to prove it.

This morning, snow. I took some pics of today's snow, uploaded them to the computer and put them into my "Outdoor Photos" folder. Guess what I found there? A photo from last year, also April 16, also of snow! Sheesh......

The first photo is last year.

The next one is the chair that I sat in on Sat. Now blown over and snowy.

The last is the same table from last year, in this year's April snow.

Elise1 04-16-2012 05:06 PM

Crazy weather! I'll take 70 degrees over snow any day.

NatalieMacDonald 04-16-2012 07:44 PM

I had to see where you are from because it snowed here too! I'm the biggest whiner around! I'm already counting how many months before fall comes! Come on...we need temperatures above 50 degrees please!!

Sew N Tune 04-17-2012 04:41 AM

I love the second photo - he's frozen and can't get up...LOL I grew up in Upper Michigan. I can relate, but feel sorry for you just the same.

LeslieFrost 04-17-2012 12:11 PM

Thanks for the laugh!

Today is almost 60 and the snow is rapidly melting -- the sun is in and out. More rain coming, and maybe another shot of snow!

Originally Posted by Sew N Tune (Post 5147717)
I love the second photo - he's frozen and can't get up...LOL I grew up in Upper Michigan. I can relate, but feel sorry for you just the same.

Favorite Fabrics 04-17-2012 12:19 PM

Oh, please KEEP your snow. My lettuce plants do not want it here in NY.

fred singer 04-17-2012 02:01 PM

we sure do have some strange weather ,so far in my southwestern corner of Wisconsin no snow we are doing fine without it

LeslieFrost 04-17-2012 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by fred singer (Post 5149145)
we sure do have some strange weather ,so far in my southwestern corner of Wisconsin no snow we are doing fine without it

The snow was limited to this County (Washburn) and north, I believe. We actually should be grateful for precipitation, whatever the form, as the woods are very dry every spring, and this spring is worse in some areas, because thousands of trees that blew down last July are still in the woods and ready to burn. So, I try to not curse the snow too much!

krysti 04-17-2012 02:36 PM

I feel your pain--I have sunburn to prove we were had 75 degree weather last week; and woke up on the 15th of April with about 4 inches of snow and it snowed; then sun came out; then it snowed, then sun came out; then it rained; then sun; then snow all day long. I'm not sure if the saying is the same where you live, but here in Colorado; they say if you don't like the weather; wait 15 minutes and it'll change. Hope you're starting to warm up again, we are finally warming up today.

barny 04-17-2012 02:41 PM

And here i am in Dallas area with my air conditioner on. I would welcome rain. I love rain. It is going to be so hot this summer I can't imagine