Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Snow day for horses and me!! Photos. More on Pages 2 & 3 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/snow-day-horses-me-photos-more-pages-2-3-a-t38002.html)

barnbum 02-26-2010 08:40 AM

17 Attachment(s)
This is our first snow day of the school year. It's still quite windy today, so shoveling will have to wait until tomorrow morning. Enjoy the photos! :D

But they decided it'd be best to stick closer to the barn.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21521[/ATTACH]

"I won't even LOOK at an udder!"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21582[/ATTACH]

It's the babies turn to be stalled, so the other three can get out of theirs to stretch. I switch them about every three hours
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21585[/ATTACH]

Tucker says, "Don't believe anything that girl says."
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21586[/ATTACH]

Gypsy thinks she'd like to venture out.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21588[/ATTACH]

She's looking at the weird drift in the run-in.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21589[/ATTACH]

And just enjoy a quiet day.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21590[/ATTACH]

Out the back door...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21641[/ATTACH]

Interesting drift patterns.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21642[/ATTACH]

What I'll need to dig through later.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21643[/ATTACH]

"If you let me out, I PROMISE I won't nurse!"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21644[/ATTACH]

Mazie has pretty braids in an attempt to train her mane to go on one side.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21645[/ATTACH]

Chloe will help eat what the foals have left. :-)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21646[/ATTACH]

What she's looking at....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21647[/ATTACH]

"Hmm, don't think I'll hang out here today."
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21648[/ATTACH]

Rosie was curious too.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21649[/ATTACH]

Mamagus 02-26-2010 08:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And here I am on the same date in sunny Canada...I hope you aren't sending that storm this way!

Ditter43 02-26-2010 08:58 AM

Woaaa...What is all that white shiny stuff...it looks cold!! That is why I live in Florida now!!!

Ditter

Lisanne 02-26-2010 09:03 AM

I love seeing your photos.

Don't the horses get cold being in all that snow?

barnbum 02-26-2010 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Lisanne
I love seeing your photos.

Don't the horses get cold being in all that snow?

Thanks! And nope--they have grown very thick winter jammies. Yesterday, I just made it home from school when the wind really started blowing and the snow started falling harder. I tucked the babies in a big stall with dinner, and let the older three girls munch on some hay together outside the stalls--but in the cozy open area of the barn. I slide the door shut most of the way. When I came back later to get everyone tucked in, the three mares were standing outside and covered in snow! :roll: :-D I brushed at least half an inch off their backs. Goofs. They love the stuff. :-D

Tink's Mom 02-26-2010 09:48 AM

I love see photos of the horses.....especially the babies....thanks for posting them...

Piedmont Quilter 02-26-2010 09:52 AM

Thanks for the pictures Karla ~ It was so nice to see the "babies" from this past spring! Hope the storm settles down for you. It's been a hard, cold winter just about everywhere. I think we are all in agreement that it's time for so SPRING WEATHER!!!!!

k3n 02-26-2010 10:00 AM

Beautiful cuties! Thanks for sharing, I LOVE those horses! The snow is pretty too, all fresh and new! Guess you won't think it's so pretty when you've got to shovel it though! :shock: :lol:

barnbum 02-26-2010 10:02 AM

I don't mind shoveling the first few times.... it's fun and good exercise. I have a whole different attitude about it after the third round. :lol:

I just peeked out and two of the mares are standing in that run-in shed with the drift--rather than staying in the barn. :roll:

k3n 02-26-2010 10:10 AM

Silly billies! It's nice for them that they have the choice. If I was a horse, I'd want to be one of yours!