Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   snow day is a sew day (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/snow-day-sew-day-t94174.html)

TN Donna 01-26-2011 02:48 PM

I awoke to about 3 inches of snow. It is so pretty outside. I made a big kettle of homemade chili and I am working on my gs quilt top. No outside for me.

Patty Patches 01-26-2011 02:53 PM

Hey,me too. Chili and gs quilt top.Its pretty outside,glad I dont have to be out in it

Ditter43 01-26-2011 02:55 PM

No snow here today, but I made a big pot of Santa Fe soup yesterday and have been working on My GS's quilt all day! I am ready to sandwich it tomorrow and start quilting!! Yea!! :thumbup:

jbud2 01-26-2011 03:37 PM

I spent the day sewing, petting my flannel stash, hemming my jeans, clearing snow and the rest of the time I was on here! I could have spent more time quilting the throw I'm doing by hand, but no, I had to see what everyone else was doing. Love this place. . .

gotthebug 01-31-2011 06:21 PM

They have already canceled school for tomorrow for our area. No work for me.......YIPPIE I will make the sacrifice and spend the day ALONE in my sewing room. Oh darn!

redkimba 01-31-2011 06:23 PM

If I end up not going to work tomorrow, I think I will work on my friend's baby quilt. :)

DogHouseMom 01-31-2011 06:37 PM

We're expecting "Snowmageddon" in Chicago. I'm looking forward to a quilting day :)

Also wondering if this one will be as much fun as the big snow of 67'. How many of you Illinoisans remember that? I was 7 years old and it was FANTASTIC. What 7 year old wouldn't enjoy 2' of snow!!

Sue

patchsamkim 01-31-2011 06:41 PM

I grew up in the Chicago area and do remember that storm of '67...it was the day after my sister's birthday...we had so much fun jumping off the 2nd story porch into the snowbanks! If I remember right, the day/s before the weather was like in the 60's, and then bam...the huge snowstorm.

Patti Sue 01-31-2011 06:50 PM

I am looking forward to a quilty day as well, have 2quilts to finish the borders on plus making Hubby a pair of "magic Socks" as he calls them, his feet are always cold and these really help to keep him warm.

Patti Sue

DogHouseMom 01-31-2011 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by patchsamkim
I grew up in the Chicago area and do remember that storm of '67...it was the day after my sister's birthday...we had so much fun jumping off the 2nd story porch into the snowbanks! If I remember right, the day/s before the weather was like in the 60's, and then bam...the huge snowstorm.

We did the same thing! Raised ranch house, we had to get the snow off the roof, then just jumped off. Dad also put all the extra snow next to one side of the garage, iced it down, then put a ladder on the other side. We climbed up and slid down the other side! We also had all sorts of tunnels and hollows burrowed into the yard like a cave system. What fun!!