Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Snow on its way (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/snow-its-way-t204111.html)

nativetexan 10-24-2012 03:56 PM

hey the snow can skip me and go directly over to you. it's raining nicely right now!! I don't feel like shoveling snow!

AuntieD 10-24-2012 04:35 PM

Enjoy your snow day quilting. Stay warm.

susiequilt 10-24-2012 04:49 PM

Instead of snow we have a hurricane skirting the state!

COYOTEMAGIC 10-24-2012 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by susiequilt (Post 5609967)
Instead of snow we have a hurricane skirting the state!

Yeah but you aren't going to get it nearly as bad as the northeast. They're talking "Storm of the Century" status if things come together just right.

Neesie 10-24-2012 05:57 PM

It's not quite 9 PM here and 77 degrees. Tonight's low is expected to be 66. High tomorrow is expected to be 84.

kathdavis 10-24-2012 07:02 PM

It is 70 degrees right now, but temperatures are dropping 30 degrees here tomorrow, but no snow luckily. I would love to be able to sew all day long tomorrow, though.

Rita's mom 10-24-2012 08:36 PM

Sounds like a good plan!!! It is 10:30 here and we have about 2" on the grass right now. I heard on the news you are getting it down your way too. I am putting the crock pot on in the morning, finishing my homework for tax class, and then hopefully a nice quiet day of quilting! :)

barri1 10-25-2012 02:43 AM

You guys are way too lucky having snow.. I really could use a major one..
I guess you can tell I love it..

nancyw 10-25-2012 03:22 AM

We'll be heading to Aurora CO for Christmas with our DS and 2 DGDs. Hope there is lots of snow. We both love snow DH having been raised in upstate NY and me having spent a good part of my youth in Alaska. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

sailsablazin 10-25-2012 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk (Post 5609113)
We had a dusting the past few days. Less than an inch of that stuff. I love when it snows, I can stand outside (briefly) and is so peaceful you can almost hear the snowflakes landing.

Our house is ready...
the hoses are put up
the dog's water buckets are plugged in
the dog's heater (those ones that look like the old radiator heaters but filled with oil)
the trucks have antifreeze and de-icer in the windshield washer container
And the survival packs are stowed away in the trucks.
propane bottles and heaters are in the garage along with a propane stove.
and most important a small generator is on standby

HOLY COW! I live in Michigan and it is still 75 degrees out there today. I still have lawn furniture sitting outside and a TON of plants on the porch., hoses on the ground (disconnected though). Survival Packs??? Guess I know what I am doing on my day off.
Didn't think that the Pacific Northwest gets weather that you had to prepare for...thought it was pretty temperate---unless you are in Canada.
You are making me feel guilty!