Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Snow storms. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/snow-storms-t274824.html)

DOTTYMO 01-22-2016 01:12 AM

Snow storms.

Keep safe and warm to all those in US having snow storms. In England we had snow last weekend then it started raining again.
Snow makes everywhere look bright and clean and soft, from the window of your warm home.

Hope you manage to sew while housebound.

JustAbitCrazy 01-22-2016 03:28 AM

Thanks! It's not supposed to start here until early afternoon. I plan to stay put and sew when it does. Great excuse to quilt, right?

cjsews 01-22-2016 04:17 AM

It is raining here but expected to change over to snow in the next hour. I'm on vacation this week so staying in and sewing is the plan for the day😊

NJ Quilter 01-22-2016 05:17 AM

I am headed home in advance of the storm later this AM. Hopefully I can make it to the LQS tomorrow for their sale before the 'blizzard conditons' set in to pick up binding/backing fabric and I can start quilting my fingers off during the balance of the storm!

marge954 01-22-2016 06:26 AM

Some snow this morning but now it's just raining ice. DH is hiding in the bed and pretending to sleep. He's praying they won't call him in today or tomorrow (his rare 2 days off in a row). Four more years of his job at the grocery store and it's on to retirement. Today I will work on a quilting project and hope to get it done. Also finding time to try a new recipe called Morning Glory Muffins. Hope our power doesn't go out but they keep warning that we will have outages here before days end. Stay safe and warm!!!

slbram17 01-22-2016 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by carolaiken (Post 7441535)
Some snow this morning but now it's just raining ice. DH is hiding in the bed and pretending to sleep. He's praying they won't call him in today or tomorrow (his rare 2 days off in a row). Four more years of his job at the grocery store and it's on to retirement. Today I will work on a quilting project and hope to get it done. Also finding time to try a new recipe called Morning Glory Muffins. Hope our power doesn't go out but they keep warning that we will have outages here before days end. Stay safe and warm!!!

We were without power for a little under 8 hours...too long and uncomfortable. Ended up a little hand sewing since at least it was during the day.

tessagin 01-22-2016 01:37 PM

HOpe all stays warm.

marge954 01-22-2016 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by slbram17 (Post 7441905)
We were without power for a little under 8 hours...too long and uncomfortable. Ended up a little hand sewing since at least it was during the day.

Hope you are warm and toasty now! When the power goes out for more than 4 hours I am useless. I pile the quilts on and crawl in my feather bed with a book and an oil lamp.

ManiacQuilter2 01-22-2016 02:19 PM

We use to have power outages in the very old mobile home park I use to live at. It has been unseasonable cold out here in So CA where I live but no prediction of snow or rain. Most of the precipitation has been north of me including Oregon. Stay warm and safe.

Sandra in Minnesota 01-22-2016 03:50 PM

This is when a treadle machine would come in handy!