Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Snow and too sick to quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/snow-too-sick-quilt-t82351.html)

TN Donna 12-12-2010 12:42 PM

We are finally getting snow. The ground is starting to get white. I want to sew but I am to sick to set up.

Maggiesmom 12-12-2010 12:48 PM

Sorry to hear that. A snowy day is a good one to spend quilting. Hope you feel better soon.

magpie 12-12-2010 12:50 PM

Chicken soup even if it's canned it still can help. Sorry you're not up to sewing.

Reeter 12-12-2010 12:51 PM

There is a wicked bad cold going around right now up here in New England .. Sinus pain / infection / sore throat / dry cough /
I don't go to the dr for such things but do depend on herbs to do my healing .. I came across one natural remedy that has been incredible . Grapefruit seed extract .. will get rid of the sore throat in little as half an hour .. drink it for bronchial issues .. you can use it in a Netti pot for sinus issues and even in the ears for infections .. it is a natural anti biotic / anti fungal .. many many uses ..
Hope you feel better soon .. and hope its not the same cold we have up here .. this stubborn buggar is over a month old now :evil:

craftybear 12-12-2010 12:54 PM

Hope you are feeling better soon, take care of yourself.

Originally Posted by TN Donna
We are finally getting snow. The ground is starting to get white. I want to sew but I am to sick to set up.

TymeToShine 12-12-2010 01:27 PM

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Ditter43 12-12-2010 01:54 PM

There is no good time to be sick. Just take care of yourself. Drink lots of liquids and try to stay comfortable! I hope you will feel better soon. There will be lots more snow days! :D

grann of 6 12-12-2010 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Reeter
There is a wicked bad cold going around right now up here in New England .. Sinus pain / infection / sore throat / dry cough /
I don't go to the dr for such things but do depend on herbs to do my healing .. I came across one natural remedy that has been incredible . Grapefruit seed extract .. will get rid of the sore throat in little as half an hour .. drink it for bronchial issues .. you can use it in a Netti pot for sinus issues and even in the ears for infections .. it is a natural anti biotic / anti fungal .. many many uses ..
Hope you feel better soon .. and hope its not the same cold we have up here .. this stubborn buggar is over a month old now :evil:

If you are on cholesterol medication you should not be taking anything that is grapefruit based. It interferes with the absorption of the cholesterol med, therefore can affect your general health. Just thought you should know.....

okiepastor 12-12-2010 02:07 PM

It is around here too. Many are sick
Isn't GSE Grape seed extract?
Try Holy basil tea and take turmeric.....

pstoner 12-12-2010 02:41 PM

Oh I am so sorry to hear that. I have been there last week with the creeping crude (respitory junk). Hope you feel better, and remember the snow will melt eventually~!