Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Snowed In - 18 inches of snow (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/snowed-18-inches-snow-t31967.html)

maryb119 12-21-2009 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by liblueeyes

Originally Posted by maryb119
Looks like Iowa to me. I will loan you my shovel! HaHa!

Does the shovel come with a helper-my daughter and I shoveled the cars out and have someone coming later to plow the rest of the driveway. Way too much snow to move! We could drive over it but my daughters little mazda won't go over the drift in front!

:-D

Sorry, no helper...........we are expecting more snow here tonight and for the next week. Ice is suppose to come on Thursday night and Friday.......just in time for Christmas. We may put off Christmas Dinner until Sunday. It would be better to have it later and have everyone be able to get here safely. I have been watching the news about the snow on the east coast. Sounds like it is very bad out there.

liblueeyes 12-21-2009 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by amma
Are you melting any, or did you get more?

Amma,
No melting yet .. but once rain comes on Christmas Day- we will be flooded again - when all this melts.
Hopefully the rain will be rain and not freezing rain or Christmas will be delayed. Family won't be able to get here. My daughter is coming from Alabama.
Thanks for asking! Going out for the first time today since Friday. We will see how it goes

:D

QuiltMania 12-21-2009 07:07 AM

Sadly, the snow missed us. I love snow! Of course, it helps that I can send the boys out to shovel so I don't have to. :)

Catherine Marie 12-22-2009 05:57 AM

Well, looks like the only thing to do is quilt until it melts!lol

karen1322 12-22-2009 06:11 AM

Where in Delaware are you? I am in Bear (Glasgow).

liblueeyes 12-22-2009 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by karen1322
Where in Delaware are you? I am in Bear (Glasgow).

10 miles south of Dover. Do you belong to a guild?

KBunn 12-22-2009 03:03 PM

It's snowing like crazy here in Utah.....I wanted a white Christmas...but this is crazy

Pzazz 12-22-2009 07:45 PM

That system missed us...we only got about an inch. However, we are supposed to get between 6" and 12" starting C'mas Eve day, and continuing thru' C'mas Day. We arent' travelling, and don't have family travelling either. I hope all those that are, get safely to their destinations.

amma 12-22-2009 11:18 PM

I hope the snows and freezing rain postpone or the weathermen are all wrong, so you can all keep your Christmas plans intact!!!

mjsylvstr 12-23-2009 04:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Jersey coast got a bit of the white stuff also........

we almost lost our son's dog when they came over to visit...lololol

MJ

can see one dog, but there were 2 running around !!!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]60311[/ATTACH]