Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   so happy to just...relax!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/so-happy-just-relax-t237478.html)

Zappycat 12-26-2013 05:00 PM

so happy to just...relax!!

Now that Christmas is over, I am so happy to just sit here with the computer on my lap and relax! Its been a long time since I have been able to sit here and look at the pictures that are posted on this site and enjoy! I have a jigsaw puzzle set up on a card table and no projects in the works... except the ones I am planning in my head! I think I like the day after Christmas almost as much as Christmas Day! It's definitely more relaxing!

IrishNY 12-26-2013 06:23 PM

Amen! I've spent the day sitting in a recliner reading and on the computer. It has been wonderful. Tomorrow... sewing and a puzzle for me. Christmas is nice but the day after is special too.

Tartan 12-26-2013 06:27 PM

Yep, I did nothing today but relax. We had a lovely Christmas and everything I cooked turned out great but boy, it's exhausting!

Jackie Spencer 12-26-2013 06:30 PM

I know what you mean! I spent the day in my sewing room. I love the hustle and bustle of the Holidays, but Im always ready for things to get back to normal.

CharlotteO 12-27-2013 02:32 AM

I had such a relaxing day on the 26th that I napped, then napped, then napped again. now in my defense, I did spend several hours re-organizing my sewing room, but I think I enjoyed the napping more. Of course, I woke up at 4:30 this morning, so might need an additional nap today. But in my defense, I finished 4 quilts 10 microwave bowls, and 6 neck pillows.

mandyrose 12-27-2013 03:58 AM

today is my day..... my Gd spent the nite so was entertaining her or she was entertaining me????? had to run for a few groceries ate lunch out when we got home she teaching me how to make these bracelets with little rubber bands of all different colors very popular right now....then she wanted to sew the pillow she started making.... headed to the sewing room she made and marked her sandwhich for the back and was almost done sewing it when her mother came for her,I just started teaching her sewing and she is picking it up very quickly,she loves crafting and I very rarely see her glued to any electronics and she dose have them.so today is my day woke up a few hrs ago but feeling a nap comming on maybe maybe not I do some cleaning the recliner is calling me.

Joset 12-27-2013 05:38 AM

oh yes i know what you mean. i didn't do much that day after christmas
either.

mighty 12-27-2013 06:34 AM

So glad it is over for another year.

EllieGirl 12-27-2013 06:35 AM

I completely agree! I am enjoying just sitting around, watching TV, reading things on the computer, reading books.

BellaBoo 12-27-2013 07:03 AM

Day after Christmas I was in Lowes buying a new dishwasher. Mine quit on Christmas Eve! The one I wanted didn't match the other appliances so I bought a new fridge. I've been wanting a three door one. Now the range will have to be replaced but a carpenter will have to resize the opening as it is a different set in size. I guess one of DH and my presents is a new kitchen. LOL