Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   so hot here in ohio! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/so-hot-here-ohio-t195046.html)

donnalynett 07-18-2012 08:31 PM

I'll be glad to send some of our lousy weather your way! We have only had about 3 days of summer weather so far this year. It has been in the low 60's but humid. I hope you get some relief soon!

SueDor 07-19-2012 02:13 AM

I wish it would rain and rain a lot not just a drizzle!

burchquilts 07-19-2012 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by nygal (Post 5376000)
It was hot here again today in New York State too. I am ready for FALL which is my favorite season.

Fall is my favorite, too (it's beautiful here in WI!) & I think this year it will be especially welcome. We actually got some rain day before yesterday but it was just enough to make it more humid. But... tonight it's nice & cool so I opened the windows. I don't know about y'all, but I get so tired of having the A/C blow on me. Plus, I prefer to sleep with the windows open. It's supposed to be a bear again tomorrow, but at least tonight is nice.

Yooper32 07-20-2012 02:14 AM

We have had about three drenching rainstorms in the last few days, just flooded the surface, big time. The soil here is clay and it just doesn't soak in, it runs off, so for a while, you have large lakes. The robins are enjoying those "lakes" very much, like watching kids at a water park. Yes, the humidity is enough to almost make you wish you were on a desert somewhere. It is even harder for me to stand after living in CO for 30 yrs. where 11% humidity is high, now here where it is often 100%. UGH!

lovelyl 07-20-2012 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by ragqueen03 (Post 5375709)
it is so hot here in ohio (that and I think I may be having the power surges that come with age!) I am thinking tonight I am going to make some sweet tea, crank the air conditioning, put on some christmas movies in the dvd, and cut out squares for a rag quilt. I am hoping by looking at the snow it will cool me off and by cutting some squares i can make a dent in the cluttered girl cave!

I am in southern Ohio - can I join you? I'll bring popcorn to eat/string!

lisalovesquilting 07-20-2012 06:24 AM

My son and I went to the Columbus Zoo on the 18th. Hot and humid, so I dressed as cool as I could and still be decent. Got caught in a storm right before we left. But we really had a wonderful day! This morning we had a nice quiet rain, so glad because the gardens so needed it.

Latrinka 07-20-2012 10:08 AM

I can relate! Sometimes I just try to think "COLD". Wish I had a huge walk in refrigerator!

barny 07-20-2012 10:14 AM

Our roofers decided to put our roof on yesterday. It was 100 here. We turned our AC off because they covered them so they wouldn't get roofing thrown in them It got 99 upstairs. My sewing machines were hot to the touch. Wow! Do I ever appreciate the AC. I'll bet it was 140 on that roof. No shade. I don't know how they do it. I live in Texas.

scarlet14 07-20-2012 11:25 AM

supposed to hit 108 in north central Kansas tomorrow---wheeeeeeeee!!!!!!

nannyrick 07-20-2012 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by barri1 (Post 5375984)
It was hot as crud where we are, also.. and then it rained.. and rained, and rained.. It dropped 20 degrees.. Whoa.. Happy dance time? My glasses are still getting fogged when I get out of the car..

How lucky you are to get that much rain. We are still waiting. Maybe you could send us some, OK, LOL