Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   So much dirt!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/so-much-dirt-t301431.html)

Doggramma 12-09-2018 09:12 AM

Oh my gosh. That’s so gross. It’s good to have a decent vacuum though! I know how much dirt there can be - it was disgusting when we’ve pulled up carpet. I wish we would’ve put in wood floors in our bedrooms instead of carpet.

Garden Gnome 12-09-2018 02:19 PM

I just got wood floors put in the living/dining areas of my house. Even with swiffering daily, the amount of dust and dog hair daily is disgusting. I can't help but think that eventually the amount of dust will lessen a bit, after the remains of nearly 40 year old carpet is gone for good. We still have carpet in the bedrooms. That will be replaced soon, but with more carpeting.
We live about a mile from a sand quarry, and the dust and sand blow everywhere.

Jingle 12-09-2018 04:12 PM

I now only have two room size rugs. All floors are either vinyl or hardwood - oak. No more carpets for me.

BARES 12-09-2018 05:59 PM

Have had my Shark for probably 10 - 12 years and it still works like a champ! I have two other Sharks, too. I love the fact that I can take it apart and fix it or clean it or unclog something if I need to. I don't think I would ever buy another brand - unless they change the quality of their product.

RedGarnet222 12-09-2018 06:47 PM

I also got a new shark a couple weeks ago. It is the best one they make and cost me considerably more than the one you linked to. HSN (or QVC ?) had them as a daily special and I got a hundred off the list price.
I vacuumed the downstairs after my decorating was done and, like you, I was astonished at how much was in the dust canister. Honestly though, I think a lot of it was my carpeting fibers that the brush took up. I bought this one to replace the Eureka upstairs. I was most impressed with the extension wand for underneath the appliances and up to the ceiling fan blades. Also. the fact that there was no bags to buy, just empty the canister and rinse off the filter once in a while.
By the way, these are for hard wood floors too. You just change the setting on the handle it vacuums and polishes at the same time. I ordered it in pink! Yes, it is a mauve pink.

luvstoquilt 12-10-2018 06:27 AM

I have a central vacuum system and really love it but that Shark is tempting for upstairs where bedrooms still have carpet.

MaggieLou 12-10-2018 06:59 AM

Does anyone have the Shark Duo with the front roller? I'm thinking about getting one but wonder if they work as advertised.

Snooze2978 12-10-2018 07:20 AM

I went to check on this Shark Navigator and found there to be 8 of them. Can you tell us exactly which model you bought as I'm also interested. Thanks.

LavenderBlue 12-10-2018 08:14 AM

I posted the link above. ;-)

quilt9226 12-10-2018 11:52 AM

We have killed numerous vacuums in the 12 years my dog has been with us. We have yet to kill the Shark which we have had for close to 4 years. Dog is a mix -Chesapeake, Border Collie and Malamute. It's the Malamute undercoat that is the cause of emptying the container at least 3 times for one room and the hallway. the Shark is the best vacuum we have had.