Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   So proud of my Izabella (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/so-proud-my-izabella-t224642.html)

Country1 06-27-2013 01:35 PM

I agree with all! When I was growing up we new "the look." Now days our youth and young adults language is a shame!... My husband and I have been discussing this alot lately. I will tell you our 2 daughters go not talk ugly, but our son who will be 26 in Oct. does at times. My husband always reminds him "We don't talk like that in this house."
Sad but true! Don't know why he is like this. We love him, but not his behavior!

MadQuilter 06-27-2013 03:21 PM

Good job, April. She is a sweet girl and you can be very proud of her.

patchsamkim 06-27-2013 05:38 PM

I don't think manners are being taught like they used to, but so good to hear that your daughter has learned such good ones from you! Manners, and respect for others are such important traits, but not heard like they used to be.

barny 06-27-2013 05:53 PM

I commend you for teaching your children. My boys are in their 60's and they still tell me "thank you, that was really good" when I cook. I love it.

DebbE 06-27-2013 06:03 PM

I absolutely agree -- there is a distinct shortage of manners in this world. But when I see manners or kindness being shown, whether its a child OR an adult, I make a comment how wonderful it is to see and make a big deal about it! That's a parent who is doing their job and actually raising their child to be a pleasure in society. I also make comments when I see an unruly child that isn't being corrected by their parent about how sad it is that the child ISN'T being corrected and taught what is polite behavior. Yes, its rude on my part - but again, if others make comments maybe the parents will actually make changes and their child will benefit. At the very least, I've seen children curb their behavior after hearing me and then I smile at them and wish them a good day.

hopetoquilt 06-27-2013 06:22 PM

I work in a school as a speech therapist and compliment kids who use manners (I do this just about daily). I quietly remind others to say please and thank you and I explain how to apologize and own up to errors in judgement. Many kids still use manners.

wendiq 06-28-2013 07:15 AM

Good manners speak so well of the adults surrounding the child....Be proud and enjoy! So many children don't have a positive role model......this world of today is certainly not the world I grew up in.......disturbing at best and so great when a smaller person knows how to behave properly......:)

omacookie 06-28-2013 07:42 AM

I always compliment the parents when they are a family at a restruarant and they say the blessing together.I compliment the child that holds the door for me. I hold the door open at church and many people both young and old NEVER say thank you.....Education is one thing but manners are necessary world wide. Hugs and keep teaching manners.

lynnie 06-28-2013 08:13 AM

a big pat o your back. it's great to be acknowledged for a great job one

misseva 06-28-2013 09:53 AM

Absolutely nothing pleases me as much as a complement on my children/grandchildren.