Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   So what are you doing today, with all the rain..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/so-what-you-doing-today-all-rain-t67518.html)

grann of 6 09-30-2010 05:10 AM

Well, everyone up and down the eastern seaboard is getting drenched today. What are you going to do? I am going to get to the sewing room if I can get off here long enough to have breakfast and straighten up a bit. Want to get more done on my DGD's quilt for Christmas; plus I have a "date" for dinner. My dear neighbor across the street is a widower. His wife & I were great sewing buddies. So we are going to Red Lobster for dinner. Have a good day everybody :-) :D :lol:

grammyp 09-30-2010 05:12 AM

We are praying the rain will come south! I'm so sorry for all the rain and flooding along the east coast.

I will be finishing up things and getting ready for my quilt retreat next week. I'm so excited!!

erstan947 09-30-2010 05:16 AM

What rain? It is a sunny 60 degree morning. We sure do need some rain. Sorry for the eastcoast overdose.

stitchingmemories 09-30-2010 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Well, everyone up and down the eastern seaboard is getting drenched today. What are you going to do? I am going to get to the sewing room if I can get off here long enough to have breakfast and straighten up a bit. Want to get more done on my DGD's quilt for Christmas; plus I have a "date" for dinner. My dear neighbor across the street is a widower. His wife & I were great sewing buddies. So we are going to Red Lobster for dinner. Have a good day everybody :-) :D :lol:

That is so wonderful about your date!! I know you'll have a wonderful time!

We just had a little shower this morning and it is supposed to be clear through the weekend so I'm having my yard sale this weekend. I'm dreading all the work but we want this stuff out of our storage building so bad. I finally decided "less is more" a few years ago and have been collecting and storing things that need to go in the yard sale. Anything that doesn't sale is going to be taken to our local donation center. I want the clutter GONE! ;)

pocoellie 09-30-2010 06:02 AM

You could send us some rain, because we sure haven't had much moisture at all this year, not even in the form of snow.

Rebecca VLQ 09-30-2010 06:08 AM

Well, I'm going to go deliver some carrot cake to my favorite postal guy @ the post office and pack up some more stuff! :D

featherweight 09-30-2010 07:49 AM

Beautiful in Denver. I should go upstairs and get ready for my quilt class this afternoon. Can't wait.

akrogirl 09-30-2010 08:11 AM

What is rain? Is that the strange wet stuff I have read about that supposedly falls from the sky?

This has been one of the driest summers I can remember so I would gladly take some of that rain the east coast is getting.

Sadiemae 09-30-2010 08:12 AM

I wish it would rain!!!

sunflower126 09-30-2010 08:34 AM

It has been raining here all morning. Went to exercise at Curves, stopped for groceries and now sitting here reading. Have a volleyball and soccer game to attend at 4 if not cancelled. Having grandkids for dinner and the evening while parents go to a concert at the new Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh. Hopefully I can get a few more rows sewn on my grandsons quilt I'm making for his birthday in 2 weeks. Have to hide it before he comes though. Actually we need the rain so I won't complain as long as it quits by tomorrow night for the football game our older grandson will be playing.