Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Socks on the floor syndrome (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/socks-floor-syndrome-t44069.html)

bearisgray 04-27-2010 09:00 AM

(Him) Falling asleep sitting up (slouching, really) on the couch - and then coming to bed after I get all situated in the middle of the bed

Deb watkins 04-27-2010 09:04 AM

1/4 inch of anything (milk, Mayo, Mustard, Ketchup, cereal or whatever) left and there is a new one opened.
Empty boxes in the cupboard.
Used dryer sheets thrown either on the floor, OR tossed BEHIND the dryer.
Cracker crumbs in the butter dish.
No TP on the roll......
Oh yeah, forgot about the falling asleep at 8:15 but won't go to bed cuz 'I'm not tired".

Janetlmt 04-27-2010 09:38 AM

I keep dry goods in containers with snap lids so they don't become stale. I have huge containers for chips and pretzels and our granddaughters mini animal crackers. My DH can not snap the lid closed. No matter what he uses..the lid is always sitting on top..not snapped closed.He does this with the horseradish too..growl snarl...the butter smells like horseradish..growl snarl...lol...

Rhonda 04-27-2010 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Janetlmt
I keep dry goods in containers with snap lids so they don't become stale. I have huge containers for chips and pretzels and our granddaughters mini animal crackers. My DH can not snap the lid closed. No matter what he uses..the lid is always sitting on top..not snapped closed.He does this with the horseradish too..growl snarl...the butter smells like horseradish..growl snarl...lol...

My DH is the one to snap and snarl at me about lids. I am an only child and did what ever when growing up. He is one of 9 and the second oldest so he was responsible for the younger ones and they didn't have much money so he is more of a saver than I am where food is concerned. So he gets after me for leaving jar lids off the miracle whip jar. I leave it so I can come back and use it again in a few minutes if I need to(as if it takes alot to unscrew the lid! LOL) and he wants to protect it from flies and gnats. So I have heard alot of Do want to keep this miracle whip or do you want me to throw it away!!! (guilt trip that I wasted it by leaving the lid off! LOL)

Tink's Mom 04-27-2010 10:59 AM

This is one of the reasons that we sleep in separate rooms..... Socks and underwear(inside out) on the floor by bed...wet towels on the floor either in bathroom or next to bed. His room is one big pile of clothes... I don't change his sheets anymore, I don't go in there if I can help it. I have to say that it was very nice when one son moved out and there was an extra bedroom.

Mamagus 04-27-2010 11:05 AM

I thought I was being really picky but I see it is a common problem!

I now kick his socks and underwear under the bed. When he has no more socks and underwear in his drawer he asks about it. "I only wash what's in the hamper."

He has improved immensely since I started doing this.

bearisgray 04-27-2010 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Mamagus
I thought I was being really picky but I see it is a common problem!

I now kick his socks and underwear under the bed. When he has no more socks and underwear in his drawer he asks about it. "I only wash what's in the hamper."

He has improved immensely since I started doing this.

Love it!

Rachel 04-27-2010 11:10 AM

My hubby will take off his clothes and walk PAST the laundry shute, to throw them in the bedroom floor. ugh!!!

mrspete 04-27-2010 11:17 AM

I have sensitive teeth. My ex use to empty the ice maker bucket each morning and bag it for the deep freezer.....future fishing trips. I would reach for a cube to cool my coffee......hot or cold sent me through the roof. All I would ask, each and every morning for 29 years was one darn ice cube.........just one. I'd have to go out to get one or wait until the ice maker threw one. Winter time I'd sit my cup in the window for a bit. But, you want your coffee when you want your coffee, not a lot to ask, expecially since I busted a gusset to see that everything was done for him that I could earthly do. Love my coffee - definatively, I said "EX". ya know!

Tink's Mom 04-27-2010 11:56 AM

I forgot to mention that the socks problem is getting a bit better...He has to pick up his socks now, because otherwise they won't have toes left in them...Tink likes to put vent holes in socks... :lol: :lol: :lol: and I don't stop her.... :lol: :lol: :lol: