Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Some days are just to hard to bear. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/some-days-just-hard-bear-t100530.html)

fayzer 02-17-2011 08:23 AM

A week ago today, I was having a very hard day. I could not motivate myself to do much of anything. I was reading the posts on the forum almost all day when I saw a Private Message pop up. I wondered who it could be. A forum member said she had something she wanted to send me. That she had been waiting on the perfect person to send it to. Her message brightened my day. Yesterday I received a big box of wonderful fabrics, quilting books and a ruler.

What that sweet member didn't know, when she sent that message, was it was the anniversary of my precious 22 year old grandsons death. He had died at my home when he came for a visit. It is always a bad day of flashbacks, tears and heartache.

Random acts of kindness aren't random at all. They happen for a reason and bring wonderful people into your life.

Thank you Jada, from the bottom of my heart.

sueisallaboutquilts 02-17-2011 08:26 AM

Oh, Fay, I am so sorry about your grandson. Heartbreaking to read. What a wonderful angel you have :)
People really care, and you know it. HUGS

I go To The Sea To Breathe 02-17-2011 08:27 AM

I think Jada was your Angel Unaware. Helen Steiner Rice had a poem out yyyyyyyyyears ago about people who come into our lives. I really think that is true. Sometimes it hits us at a low time and maybe sometimes we walk right on past and miss out on helping or meeting an angel. Blessings, Jackie

CarrieAnne 02-17-2011 08:28 AM

Aw, what a nice think to do!!!!!!!!!

loishe 02-17-2011 08:32 AM

What a nice thing to do! And now you can plan what you are going to make!

clem55 02-17-2011 08:34 AM

So sorry about your grandson.Glad there was something to brighten your day.

Crabby Patty 02-17-2011 08:51 AM

Fay so sorry to hear about your grandson. God knew that you needed a hug so he sent you Jada. Here are more from Mo.{{{{hugs}}}}

suebee 02-17-2011 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by fayzer
A week ago today, I was having a very hard day. I could not motivate myself to do much of anything. I was reading the posts on the forum almost all day when I saw a Private Message pop up. I wondered who it could be. A forum member said she had something she wanted to send me. That she had been waiting on the perfect person to send it to. Her message brightened my day. Yesterday I received a big box of wonderful fabrics, quilting books and a ruler.

What that sweet member didn't know, when she sent that message, was it was the anniversary of my precious 22 year old grandsons death. He had died at my home when he came for a visit. It is always a bad day of flashbacks, tears and heartache.

Random acts of kindness aren't random at all. They happen for a reason and bring wonderful people into your life.

Thank you Jada, from the bottom of my heart.

My gosh, beautiful things happen to and by beautiful people. So sorry for your loss.

belmer 02-17-2011 08:55 AM

I am so sorry to here about your Grandson..... Yes, I agree these things happen because the Good Lord send's one of his many angels here on earth to do a wonderful thing for a loving wonderful child of his. Bless those little Angels when we need them they are there!

quiltlady37 02-17-2011 09:20 AM

My heart aches for you in the loss of your grandson. We also lost a grandson a year ago. He was 27 and the father of four young children. You do have a special angel and I am so glad she reached out to you that day.