Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Some people are so generous (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/some-people-so-generous-t178672.html)

huntannette 02-08-2012 04:47 PM

Some people are so generous

wow, i just received such a generous gift. Last week I hemmed three pairs of pants for one of my daughter`s friend. I usually don`t but one of their close friend passed away and she needed them done that day...so of course to help out I did it for her...well today she sends over a gift bag with a big box of Lindor chocolats, a bottle of wine...a sented candle, two 50$ gift cards, one for a restaurant and the other for a pharmacy....wow...i`m overwhelmed....didn`t expect so much....what a surprise...some people do appreciate the little things you do for them ...and a stranger to boot...lol

BluegrassGurl 02-08-2012 04:49 PM

ahhhhh..... how thoughtful..... of you... and her. It is truly refreshing when folks sincerely appreciate your thoughtfulness. ;-)

huntannette 02-08-2012 04:49 PM

i was pleasently surprised...sure made my day!!!

Originally Posted by BluegrassGurl (Post 4956532)
ahhhhh..... how thoughtful..... of you... and her. It is truly refreshing when folks sincerely appreciate your thoughtfulness. ;-)

QuiltnNan 02-08-2012 05:24 PM

it's so nice to hear of a positive response to a good deed! thanks for sharing

Elise1 02-08-2012 05:25 PM

It's great to read about the nice things people do for each other.

You were so kind to hem the pants and they were nice to send the gift bag. I love your story.

Thanks for posting.

Elise

barri1 02-08-2012 05:38 PM

I totally agree, and I think that a nice gesture from a stranger brings out the best in people.. I have found a lot of generous people on the board here.. I am making a postage stamp quilt, and five scrap quilts, and a couple of the board members have been very generous.. In turn, I am happy to mail pieces to help someone else that is doing a postage stamp quilt..
Barri

maryb119 02-08-2012 06:18 PM

This is a wonderful story! We need more people like you to lend a helping hand to some one in need and your daughter's friend for appreciating what you did and rewarding you for it! Sounds like 2 very nice people to me!

amyjo 02-08-2012 07:53 PM

What a nice gesture. Yes, some people are really appreciative and some are not.
If there are ladies out there who need some different scraps for postage stamp quilts I have some I would be willing to send. PM me your address.

Lois-nounoe 02-08-2012 08:13 PM

Isn't it nice when someone appreciates a good deed! It's not that you expect it but it is so refreshing. Especially from the younger crowd. So many are not taught to even say "Thank you"!

Tartan 02-08-2012 08:43 PM

When you are just about fed up with where the human race is going.....people surprise you in a good way. Congratulations!