Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Some things just make me want to SWEAR!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/some-things-just-make-me-want-swear-t137456.html)

mpeters1200 07-13-2011 06:00 PM

or pour myself a stiff drink!

My pc recently crashed and I had to have it completely rebuilt. I ALWAYS put my PDF quilt patterns, tips, word documents, pictures any type of file that can be saved on a zip drive.

When I got my pc back, not only were all my games gone (which I suppose can be repurchased or whatever) every single one of my bookmarks are gone.

I think I had around 300 between all of them and probably at least half of them were quilting or sewing oriented. Links to BOMs, mysteries, fabric manufacturers free pattern links...all sorts of stuff. So I am systematically going through all 332 pages of the links and resources portion of the site to try and rebuild as many as I can. Thankfully, Craftybear is super awesome and shared many of her wonderful bookmarks with us! So...I know I'll get some back, but I will probably wonder if I ever got them all....quilting blogs...tips pages everything...gone.

I WANT TO CRY!!!

Jim's Gem 07-13-2011 06:03 PM

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

debbieumphress 07-13-2011 06:04 PM

So sorry. I am so not computer saavy so I will cry with you. Hope you find them all. I know Craftybear is good at retrieving sometimes. They say it may be deleted but it can always be found. Hope you figure out how to find them all. Treasures one and all. Guess we go back to the old "make a backup disc" system. HUGS♥♥

Greenheron 07-13-2011 06:06 PM

Oh, @#%&*%@#%$#@?+. Hope you feel better.

auntpiggylpn 07-13-2011 06:07 PM

Let's all say a bad word for mpeters *&###*@@&%^!!!

BrendaK 07-13-2011 06:11 PM

So sorry this happened. BrendaK

Scrap Happy 07-13-2011 06:17 PM

:cry: :cry: Sorry this happened :cry: :cry:

earthwalker 07-13-2011 06:20 PM

What a pain! I have been saving patterns in PDF format and then downloading to disk. I buy cheap packs of disc covers from Red Dot (dollar store) and print out labels with a contents list. That way if my computer crashes or dies I will have a library to refer to.

qbquilts 07-13-2011 06:21 PM

Just an FYI, you can export your bookmarks.

In firefox 5: Select "Bookmarks --> Show All Bookmarks" from the menu. A pop-up window named "Library" will display. Select the import and backup menu option and then the backup option. A save window will appear. You can save to anywhere - on your hard drive or to the zip that you use for other stuff or to a USB stick.

IE, Safari, and Chrome all have similar methods. If you need help, let me know what browser you're using and I'll try to track down the directions.

JulieR 07-13-2011 06:23 PM

Oh man, that stinks! It's a good reminder to back mine up as well.

Go ahead and swear. They're just words...very descriptive, sometimes appropriate and almost always wholly satisfying words.

Just like a bit of scotch. :)