Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   SOOO Sick, miss quilting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/sooo-sick-miss-quilting-t27453.html)

harrishwhippets 10-21-2009 02:04 PM

Got the worst case of something, been sick since Sunday, too sick to get to a doctor and see if it's H1n1. Mon and Tues I had a fever of 103, and was told by my family I was doing and saying some crazy things on facebook. Probably will never hear the end of it. I guess I went of on the insurance company who turned down my health insurance. After that call they were glad not to have insured a crazy woman, any body else out there sick??? :( You all have been my only company for days, my husband and friends are staying away, any wonder. Miss quilting, eating too!!! :cry:

kat112000 10-21-2009 02:06 PM

You poor woman!! Hope you feel better soon and I hope you don't have H1N1!!!

harrishwhippets 10-21-2009 02:09 PM

Thanks Kat, going back to bed to tired to even do this anymore. I get a real bad case of the boo hoo's when I run a fever. Hope everyone stays healthy :oops: won't have a weight problem when this is over.

amandasgramma 10-21-2009 03:04 PM

I'm praying you get well and don't have H1N1, too! BUT, PLEASE do NOT put off going to the doctor. If you're still sick tomorrow, at least call the doctor. H1N1 is deadly if you put off getting help!!! :shock:

Marcia 10-21-2009 03:34 PM

I am so sorry you are sick!!! Get lots of rest and LOTS of fluids.

The flu is really going around here. My daughter has it bad and I am babysitting my granddaughter for her. My mom has it--but she lives too far away for me to help. And EVERYONE at work has it too (glad I took the day off to babysit!!) I am glad I got a flu shot-I just hope it works!!

Harmony 10-21-2009 04:24 PM

I think at this point they're just assuming that everything is swine flu, especially if you're running a high fever. The people I've talked to who've had it say they feel like they were hit by a bus, much worse than any flu they've had before, and it takes awhile to bounce back. So get the rest you need and take care of yourself!

tuesy 10-21-2009 04:48 PM

Last week my DD got sick, then my DS got it, then they both gave it to me. They were out of school all week... I was sick for a few days... had the headache from h*ll that would not go away..fever, chills and I was so sleepy all the time..

Drink as much liquids as you can, rest as often too.. and take a fever reducing med to help with your fever...I hope you feel better soon!

wvdek 10-21-2009 05:32 PM

Found this post just now.
My health teacher at college just came back from Memphis a week and a half ago. She said they are reporting 6000 new cases daily. However, due to the high cost of the test ($300) and 46% are showing a false/negative result, the officials are now saying that if you are running a fever, to stay home and that until the fever has been gone for 48 hours, you are not safe to be around others. They say if you think you have the flu, it is most likely the H1N1 because the other regular flu season has not yet started.
Well guess what? The teacher got it soon as she came home, has been out for the 1 1/2 weeks now, running 102 degree fever the whole time, fever free since this past Sunday, came to school today, left 4 hours later running a 100 fever. She lost 11 pounds, was not thinking or speaking clearly either here at school. If that is not bad enough, she said this pandemic stuff comes in three phrases: phase one was this past April, phase two is now, and phase three will come in January. Each phase gets worse.
If you know of anyone that is pregnant, they need to get a vaccine. Small childen should too.
Lots of rest and hot fluids. This is a time to baby yourself and to take your time healing.

Sorry you are so miserable. Please 'feel' our hugs and know we are thinking of you.

littlehud 10-21-2009 06:20 PM

I hope you get to feeling better soon. My youngest DD went to the DR yesterday and does have the H1N1 flu. Poor kid. I just hope all the rest of us have wonderful immune systems.

Moonpi 10-21-2009 07:10 PM

Sounds like the one going around in Polk county - it found me, and I was fevered and sick for almost two weeks straight. Stay at home with some soup and ride it out - it DOES get better!