Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   This is SOOOO off-topic... but it got us laughing! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/soooo-off-topic-but-got-us-laughing-t26269.html)

Favorite Fabrics 09-29-2009 05:38 PM

Ok. The crazy question of the day asked among my co-workers was just plain nutso, but we had such a good laugh over it... not for the answer to the question, but the wild reasons for the answers!

Do you take your wristwatch off, when you go to bed, or do you leave it on?

Turns out 3 out of 5 of us leave it on.

Why take it off?
- just can't STAND that thing on my arm, it's gotta go!
- why on earth would you leave it on?

Why leave it on?
- just gotta see what time it is in the middle of the night (can't see the clock on the nightstand without the glasses)
- do you realize how much time you waste, over a lifetime, taking your watch off and putting it on again?

Anyway... those of us who take our watches off, just couldn't believe that anyone would go to bed with it on. And those of us who just leave our watches on, can't believe that it's such a big deal for the others, to take it off.

Who would'a thought that we'd all be so very opinionated about such a SMALL thing?

Anybody else have a strong opinion about watches at bedtime? Or have five people in NY just collectively all gone crazy at the same time?

swimmom 09-29-2009 06:07 PM

Off if I am home, sometimes on if elswhere.

amandasgramma 09-29-2009 06:12 PM

Haven't worn one since I retired!!!!! in bed OR out of bed :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

butterflywing 09-29-2009 06:30 PM

never off unless i get dressed up. even in the shower. it's waterproof.

justwannaquilt 09-29-2009 06:30 PM

I have never worn one, but my husband does, and he ONLY wears it to work. I think he has to much time on his hands with nothing to do so he watches the clock. Where he works (a prision) they don't have two clocks that say the same time and none of them are right!

Do you wear earings to bed?

Moonpi 09-29-2009 06:31 PM

It's the only thing I wear to sleep. :D

I wear it in the shower, too, but take it off for baths.

butterflywing 09-29-2009 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by justwannaquilt
Do you wear earings to bed?

does the sun rise in the east?

sewsewquilter 09-29-2009 07:04 PM

I stopped wear a watch. The time is on my cell phone, my ipod and my camera. Three things I carry in my purse. Why do I need a watch.

Earring to bed? No. When I get home from work the jewerly comes off before the shoes and bra. Oh... maybe that was to much information. :lol:

zyxquilts 09-29-2009 07:14 PM

I used to leave my watch on all the time, but since I switched to my ultra-cool, weighs next to nothing, Lego watch - LOL - I take it off. I worry a bit that I might break some of the plastic band if I hit it on the night table. I also take off my ring & ankle bracelet (which is glass beads on a stretchy cord), but I leave my earrings, necklace & bracelet - all sterling silver - on all the time.

bearisgray 09-29-2009 07:23 PM

My watch feels so good OFF.

Along with several OTHER items I occasionally wear.