Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Sooooooooo I'm at the Habitat for Humanity Store (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/sooooooooo-im-habitat-humanity-store-t280300.html)

Mad Mexican 07-09-2016 10:20 AM

Sooooooooo I'm at the Habitat for Humanity Store

7 Attachment(s)
I find this for $20
[ATTACH=CONFIG]553656[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]553655[/ATTACH]

I took the chance that it worked. It cost me a pretty penny to have it timed, tuned and all binding free and a good cleaning. It was worth it. This whole machine is all metal. That's perfect for me. While stripping it down, it was discovered everything was cheap Patrice board except for the legs and door. We reused all existing hardware and this is what we came up with. The cabinet is completely rebuilt out of plywood. I painted it a Hunter green. Added white/gold knobs and a lift handle on the top cover.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]553658[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]553660[/ATTACH]

I added these things, not sure what they are called. This will keep the top cover from starting to sag and keep pressure off the cover hinges.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]553662[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]553663[/ATTACH]

Let me know what you think.

Mad Mexican

Quilty-Louise 07-09-2016 10:32 AM

VERY NICE!

Great find also.

Cam's gram 07-09-2016 10:45 AM

Great find and now so beautiful!

Tartan 07-09-2016 11:04 AM

​Well done!

Jeanne S 07-09-2016 11:22 AM

What a lovely treasure you created!!

ptquilts 07-09-2016 12:01 PM

the head looks like one I used to have - is it a Kenmore?

SewingSew 07-09-2016 01:23 PM

I believe this machine was part of the "gold series" and fetched a pretty penny when it was new. You can probably go to Sears.com and put the model # in and get a pdf manual for it. It probably accepts cams for monagraming and specialty stitches. If you lift the hood, you should see a follower where the cams go. Go to eBay with the model # and you will probably be able to find cams and accessories and feet. These have metal gears. They were built around the late 1970's in Japan and they are built like tanks. The harp space is nice and large. There are several selections of buttonholes by using special attachments. They are versatile, easy to maintain, and will probably outlive all of us. I have a similar machine and I think White was the company that designed these machines. If you ever need to access the belts, the handwheel pops off for easy access. They take super high shank feet I believe. Mine does about 67 stitches. Congratulations on your find. I like the color of your cabinet and your knobs.

tessagin 07-09-2016 01:23 PM

Good job. I keep forgetting to check the HFH store (Restore here). They have so many different items.

Jane Quilter 07-09-2016 01:45 PM

really nice job

LavenderBlue 07-09-2016 02:25 PM

What a transformation! Congratulations ;-)