Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Speaking of the CMA's......... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/speaking-cmas-t43172.html)

quiltluvr 04-18-2010 05:58 PM

who have you seen live perform? Best show? Worst? Who would you like to see?

I think the last country concert I remember seeing was Brooks & Dunn almost 5 years ago. Nope, after that my oldest daughter and I saw Faith Hill and Tim McGraw in Philly.

Last concert I think was Rod Stewart, who actually put on a very, very good show. I didn't know what to think but we got the tix for free and took another couple, drove thru snow and ice, and had a blast. I haven't been "out" for several years now but I've got a list of all that I have seen.

butterflywing 04-18-2010 06:00 PM

who would i NOT like to see? cher :roll:

Patty Patches 04-18-2010 06:01 PM

I got to see Rascal Flats.Their awesome.

Charlee 04-18-2010 06:02 PM

Every year at the county fair they have 3 shows, fairly big names...2 country, 1 rock.
Last year it was Lady Antebellum, and I don't recall who else.
LeeAnn Womack has been here, Terri Clark, Josh Groban to name a few...
Good part? They are free concerts! :)

old quilter 04-18-2010 06:09 PM

Went to see Cher at a company thing. She was awful. She did not say one word. She just sang for about 45 minutes and then left. Never a word between any song or anything. She was just terrible. We saw Brooks and Dunn a few times. very good. Each year the company has a show we get to see lots of different artist. Some great some not so great. But all fun to go to.

QuiltingGrannie 04-18-2010 06:21 PM

I've seen Charlie Daniels, LeAnn Rimes, Lorrie Morgan all at local fairs. LeAnn was just starting out in her career when we saw her.

I missed out seeing Johnny Cash when I said no to a date with the man who became my husband! I didn't know it was to see Johnny Cash and I had other things going on at the time. Regretted that decision.

I would love to see Reba, Dolly Pardon and Sugarland and Carrie Underwood who I picked as the winner the first time she sang on American Idol!

sewhappy57 04-18-2010 06:29 PM

I would LOVE to see Cher more than anything! I've seen lots of concerts from Michael Jackson , Elton John, Pink Floyd, Trace Atkins,
But my favorite one was Tim McGraw. Wow what an entertainer I've been to 5 of his concerts and never disappointed. :thumbup:
Timmy rocks my world!

Maggiesmom 04-18-2010 07:39 PM

I've been to a few concerts in my life. But my favorite will always be Neil Diamond. I have seen him Four times in three different cities and would go again in a minute. Best concerts ever. Saw Dolly Parton 3 times in Indianapolis. Once when she was just starting out on her own and her brothers were her back-up and then many years later she was at the State Fair. Went to a great outdoor concert by the Oakridge boys many years ago too. loved them.

Maggiesmom 04-18-2010 07:41 PM

Kix Brooks just opened a winery last year or so about 10 miles outside my back door.

sewnsewer2 04-18-2010 08:07 PM

The only concerts I've been to was years and years ago. I saw Three Dog Night, Charlie Daniels, Deep Purple and another one but I forgot his name. That was in the 70's.

I would LOVE to see Alan Jackson, Reba, Taylor Swift and George Strait tho!