Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Spring Cleaning (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/spring-cleaning-t108868.html)

thequiltmama 03-19-2011 07:00 AM

Hi everyone, I finally feel like spring is coming. The sun is shining and almost all of the snow is gone. yah!! So I have started my spring cleaning. Today is top to bottom of the bedding for all 3 beds. And.... gave the dog a shave today from noise to tail and everything in between. Man, I love spring :)
Does anyone else have the spring bug????

Carrie Jo 03-19-2011 07:04 AM

I started my spring cleaning this week also. I have taken down curtains and pulled up rugs. I had it all hanging on the line thursday. My tulips are coming up and all is right with the world... SPRING IS COMING!!!!!!

LoriEl 03-19-2011 07:04 AM

I've got the spring bug but not that one! Horrible cold just came upon me yesterday at work. Thought allergies but it's not. Hopefully will be gone tomorrow so I can get your spring bug!

helou 03-19-2011 07:07 AM

I started last week. Had no choice as we had some renovation done in the basement and everything is full of dust now, from ceiling, walls and curtains.
We are finishing the main floor today and then, we're off for the summer youppi!

Deb watkins 03-19-2011 07:13 AM

Well, from previous posts, I have started my cleaning - in the basement because of all the water. I am glad to say that I am in a much better frame of mind THIS Saturday as opposed to LAST Saturday. All of the rugs are dry, furniture has been moved back, the design wall is back up and truly, I only have about 1/8 of the room to finish cleaning up. My daffodils are 7-8 inches tall, the black birds are chasing away my other birds from the feeder (sure sign of spring here) and I am longingly looking at the gazebo! Yeah, I feel like cleaning....wait, must have that other bug....(who feels like cleaning when there is quilting to be done?)

huntannette 03-19-2011 07:31 AM

Spring?? What spring??? he he he..not up here yet....but soon...I hope!!!!

KathyAire 03-19-2011 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by thequiltmama
Hi everyone, I finally feel like spring is coming. The sun is shining and almost all of the snow is gone. yah!! So I have started my spring cleaning. Today is top to bottom of the bedding for all 3 beds. And.... gave the dog a shave today from noise to tail and everything in between. Man, I love spring :)
Does anyone else have the spring bug????

I have the spring cleaning bug and have three ladies scheduled to come and do it on Monday.

amyjo 03-19-2011 07:54 AM

what spring? we stiull have 3 feet of snow. Lots of ice so have to be careful going out to the car. In the towns snow is melting lots faster than out here in the country. I have some pressing to do on my arrowhead blocks for the swap and then into the bag they go to be mailed to bookworm. also a pkg to get off for a lady making quilts for soldiers. Anyone else want to help her out she "opened her big mouth" is the topic. missgigglewings.

quilter68 03-19-2011 08:10 AM

I need a 'START' button.

nana katie 03-19-2011 08:22 AM

Amyjo, Sorry you all still have snow, it was 80 yesterday here in Quitman. The flowers are blooming all over the place and the tulip trees are beautiful too. I just finished a quilt top to send to Donna ( miss gigglewings) have to get it in the mail soon, along with my celestial swap blocks.As for the cleaning I try to keep up as best I can so I have more time to play in the garden .