Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Spring cleaning. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/spring-cleaning-t243574.html)

Yellow Bird 03-20-2014 08:20 AM

Spring cleaning.

1 Attachment(s)
I lost my mind and decided to organize all my batting pieces....then went further down the rabbit hole and organized all the fabric scraps.

While organizing the fabric I found some wedges I had cut in the wrong angle a couple of years ago, but didn't have the heart to toss.

So I set them aside - where I could see them - awaiting inspiration. After a couple of days I decided what to do.

In retrospect I would have been happier if I'd tossed the wedges! Lots wrong with this. The most obvious is that it is not round...and just totally wonky. I will use it to remind myself that it is okay to toss some fabric pieces.

Actually, while organizing my stash I decided to toss more of the small pieces before they take over!

Doggramma 03-20-2014 09:19 AM

Couldn't you "round it off" or square off the angles? I vote for saving it! It's a good start for something. Hey, at least you're getting stuff straightened up!

ManiacQuilter2 03-20-2014 04:25 PM

We have all made mistakes and hopefully we learn from them. I would get a plate or saucer and try cutting a circle and make a mug rug for someone. I finish up little projects and donate them to my charity I support. They are NOT sold for what I have put into them but someone is going to love it !!!

Retired Fire Chief 03-22-2014 03:08 AM

Have you seen the method of making circles by making a multi-level freezer paper circle or using a cardboard, then basting around the edges of your fabric and pulling it around the paper circle? Makes perfect circles - I would try that to save all your work.

lclang 03-22-2014 04:57 AM

Make them round and applique to a background.

Stitchit123 03-22-2014 05:14 AM

Is it big enough to make a nice fluffy chair cushion out of it ? Once its been sat on who will know its not perfectly round ? And if some one notices they should be Jetho'ed : )

tessagin 03-22-2014 05:23 AM

Round it off and make a center mat out of it for centerpiece on a table.

margiepc 03-22-2014 05:46 AM

Could you round it off, put flowers around the middle circle and use it for a wall hanging?

Material Witness 03-22-2014 05:29 PM

Don't throw them away. Many people here give small scraps for the price of postage. I am looking at beginning a scrappy quilt, a first for me, and will be looking for small pieces. Someone doing this could cut them up and use them. Better than throwing away. Do you belong to a guild? Take them to the donation pile and see what someone can do with them.

judith ann 03-23-2014 05:20 AM

2 Attachment(s)
You can use scraps to make hexagon[ATTACH=CONFIG]468580[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]468581[/ATTACH] shapes with a 60 degree ruler.They are easy and fun.