Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Spring has arrived in Australia (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/spring-has-arrived-australia-t64150.html)

madamekelly 09-12-2010 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by aussie croydon
I thought I would share a picture of our very old cherry plum tree. It always has a lovely show of blossom just before the leaves come out. The blossom only lasts for a couple of days so we all really enjoy the view.

This picture is so warm and 'homey' I feel like you live right next door...

earthwalker 09-12-2010 09:13 PM

Love your tree... and the garden looks so peaceful. Spring has sprung here in Western Australia...some beautiful sunny days but really cold dry nights and mornings. As Litacats mentioned hardly any rain this winter, so I am mulching as much as I can so the plants will have half a chance of survival this summer. I think we are in for a long, dry time and with water restrictions getting more stringent I am planting more waterwise natives.

mirabelle 09-12-2010 09:38 PM

Oh boy I would love spring but here in the tropics we just get a wet and a dry season. I'm already thinking about turning on the AC, getting a bit humid in Far North Queensland

Elsie Blight 09-13-2010 02:48 AM

It has been a loverly spring day in McLaren Vale l decided to water my pot plants in the shade house (old clothes line covered in shade cloth) my quick invention when we moved in.
Lo and behold in my birdnest furn l have two baby birds and parents so l gave them a little drink.Elsie Blight

grammyj 09-13-2010 07:08 AM

Wow Jackie that is beautiful, can't believe it's spring there, it's just cooling down going into fall here. I dread the winter. Do you have bad winters there?

Aunt Patti 09-13-2010 08:53 AM

Where are U exactly my best friend and her family moved there 3 yrs ago already they are in Queensland and have a beautiful home on the sunshine coast. It is funny because we are from Mich on the sunrise side of the state. Aunt Patti

MarilynLouise 09-13-2010 09:57 AM

I live in Minnesota and we are beginning to see the leavs turning red and yellow. It's a beautiful time of the year but I like spring better. Enjoy the blossoms.

mirabelle 09-13-2010 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Aunt Patti
Where are U exactly my best friend and her family moved there 3 yrs ago already they are in Queensland and have a beautiful home on the sunshine coast. It is funny because we are from Mich on the sunrise side of the state. Aunt Patti

Aunt Patti I am driving to the Sunshine Coast in 4 weeks. My daughter and best friend live there

Deecee 09-14-2010 12:37 AM

Hi Aussie - Nice to have the sun out for a bit. Drought or no drought I've seen enough rain to last for a while.

Enjoy your spring blossoms - mine are a bit slower coming out but it won't be long.

fabricfairy 09-14-2010 02:52 AM

Beauitful sunny day in Perth today ,I am so glad spring is on its way , our gardern is starting to come alive again.
Happy Sewing Cathy