Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Spring has sprung! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/spring-has-sprung-t183250.html)

patchsamkim 03-18-2012 12:47 PM

Spring has sprung!

Officially there is still one more day of winter, but we have been having the most wonderful spring weather...2 weeks ago we had a snowstorm, but since then, the temperatures have been in the 50's, 60's and even the 70's ...right now it is 78 degrees in Wisconsin...so not the norm...but sure am loving it! And the 10 day forecast is mostly for temps in the 60's...I know not every year is like this, but we sure are lucky this year. And the whole winter was much milder and less snowy than what had been predicted. Makes it hard though to sit inside and quilt! Just want to be outside!

What is your spring like where you live?

sandybuttons 03-18-2012 01:25 PM

Love it :)

joysewer 03-18-2012 04:36 PM

Same here in PA. We had a very mild winter and have been having great temps in the 70s.....gorgeous weather!!

MamaO2011 03-18-2012 07:21 PM

We planted rhododendrons today, and transplanted knockout roses that had new growth on them. I also saw my hostas sending new shoots up, day lilies are awake, along with the lavender, sedum, dianthus, elderberry, salvia, mums and I think some reseeded lobelia. I also potted up tomato seeds, and I have forget-me-not seedlings popping up. Tomorrow, we plant the forsythia we got today. I can't wait for everything to really get growing! It was 76 today, and looks like at least 80-82 the next couple of days. This is my favorite time of year!

NikkiLu 03-18-2012 07:38 PM

My surprise lily's (greenery) have been up for about a month here. My lilac bush is almost in bloom - one or two more days and I get to smell that fabulous smell in my house when I bring in a bunch of them.

cherrio 03-18-2012 07:44 PM

well here in NE Ohio we are seeing high 70's also and things are budding up. My wedding anniversary is April 16th and it snowed that day. So, in Ohio we hold our breath till May. LOL

Gramie bj 03-18-2012 08:25 PM

We got up to snow yesterday, then it rained, all gone by 6PM. This morning had heavy frost nothing thawed out untill after 8 AM. Nothing comming up yet, we could still get snow here for another couple of weeks. Then we'll have heavy killing frost for a couple of weeks. We don't plant anything untill about May.

gaby4v 03-19-2012 01:00 AM

I want Spring too!!!!!!!!!!! It is snowing here again. The Winter just doesn't want to leave. Send some warm temps my way please!!!

cybermom2 03-19-2012 08:14 AM

Michigan weather

Should be 81 deg today. We have been having beautiful weather and it isn't even Spring yet!!!!

Sandra in Minnesota 03-19-2012 09:09 AM

We're still waiting for one more snowstorm. We have had an awfully warm winter, and makes one wonder what's in store for this Spring.