Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Stan Musial (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/stan-musial-t212083.html)

EllieGirl 01-26-2013 05:04 PM

Stan Musial

I don't know how many on here are baseball fans. An icon of the game, Stan Musial, was laid to rest today. I grew up in St. Louis and am a life long Cardinals fan. My father took us to games when we were little, and we were fortunate enough to attend his final game. He will not only be remembered for being a great player. More importantly, he was a great person. He always had time to sign autographs, no matter what he was doing.

gotta-sew 01-26-2013 06:47 PM

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this. He was a really nice man. I had dinner with him years ago and he was charming.

quilter1943 01-26-2013 06:53 PM

My dad was an avid Cardinal fan and we spent every vacation day at the old ball park downtown. Stan the Man will always be remembered by those of us who were fans during those years.

Sandygirl 01-26-2013 07:32 PM

I am from St Louis. Huge sports town!! My friends have been posting on FB about this since his passing.

Sandy

liese 01-27-2013 05:46 AM

Sad news for all Cardinals fan! A young man from the school I work at just signed a 2 year 12M contract with the Cardinals = Jason Motte and previously another one, Matt Morris, who is now retired also from school district where I work.

Blackberry 01-27-2013 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by EllieGirl (Post 5815915)
I don't know how many on here are baseball fans. An icon of the game, Stan Musial, was laid to rest today. I grew up in St. Louis and am a life long Cardinals fan. My father took us to games when we were little, and we were fortunate enough to attend his final game. He will not only be remembered for being a great player. More importantly, he was a great person. He always had time to sign autographs, no matter what he was doing.

He was my favorite Cardinal player while i was growing up.

QuiltingNurse 01-27-2013 07:19 AM

I'm originally from New Jersey and have not yet had the opportunity to visit St. Louis, my father and many uncles were all St. Louis Cardinals fans and all liked Stan Musial very much. A true loss for the sport of baseball.

Jingle 01-27-2013 08:12 AM

KMOX radio had a week long tribute to Stan The Man. St. Louis is a huge sports town, everyone knows alot about the sports guys here. So sorry it was time for him to leave.

Caswews 01-28-2013 08:40 AM

Wow ! I guess it was just his time to really retire .. God Bless his family and friends...

penski 01-28-2013 11:30 PM

R I P Stan the Man !!!! i am lucky to own a signed baseball that Stan signed for my husband about 15 years ago , one day when my husband was in St louis he had to run in a Kmart store to pick someting up he noticed Stan in the store so he went and bought 2 baseballs and asked Stan to sign them and he said sure i would love to ,my husband said he was a super nice man and they talked like they had known each other for a long time !