Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Starry Night pillowcases (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/starry-night-pillowcases-t271013.html)

ManiacQuilter2 10-13-2015 05:48 AM

The fabric looks like one of those impressionist paintings. Nicely done.

annette1952 10-13-2015 07:21 AM

Very nice fabric. I love the pillowcase pattern. They are so quick & easy & professional looking. Not to mention fun & useful. Your Mom will love all of your great gifts for sure. Fantastic job!

cashs_mom 10-13-2015 01:06 PM

I love the pillowcases! I love Vincent Van Gogh's work and definitely need some of that fabric.

I made pillowcases for a some of my friend's who also have dachshunds 2 years ago for Christmas. They were a huge hit. I'm sure your mom will love those.

Latrinka 10-14-2015 04:10 AM

I love them! I love making pillowcases too, one suggestion, since your accent strip is a little wide, you may want to put a decorative stitch down the center of it, looks nice, and keeps it from crinkling up when washed!

jamsbuying 10-14-2015 06:32 AM

Great fabric find!! The pillowcases are adorable.

Sewnoma 10-14-2015 06:35 AM

Not a bad idea on the accent strip! Future pillowcases, I think, will have narrower bands - I don't really like how wide it is, but since it was my first time using that pattern I stuck with what they recommended. I think I'd prefer it about half that wide.

I have a pretty big stash of vintage lace - I think for my mother-in-law and my grandmother-in-law I will use a couple rows of lace as the accent strip. I think it'll look nice and it suits their style. I was also thinking that I could use some satin, for a little bit of shine... For my niece (who is super into skeletons right now) I have some ribbon with dancing skeletons that I was thinking I could use to gussy up a plain fabric strip...

SO many fun possibilities!!

JanieH 10-14-2015 12:51 PM

Your pillowcases are wonderful - starry night is such a great painting!

When you have time, could you post the link for the magic pillowcase? I helped my great niece make a quilt for her this summer and would love to make pillowcases for her for Christmas.

Thanks

donac 10-14-2015 12:56 PM

I love your pillowcases. When did you get the fabric. My niece is getting married in Dec and that is the print she has used for all her invitations. I made her some Mickey Mouse pillowcases for her shower but these would be great.

nwm50 10-19-2015 02:40 PM

Love your fabrics!! And the pillowcases are one of my favorite things to make! Wonderful job and ideas u have!

sherian 10-19-2015 02:53 PM

I bought that same fabric to make something for my daughter, it is her favorite picture. I was not sure what I wanted to do.
Thanks for the idea! It is not a bad price for the fabric. I may need another yard I only bought 1 yard. thanks!