Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Still Here (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/still-here-t87934.html)

delma_paulk 01-07-2011 06:31 AM

Prayers for you and your family going up!

God Bless,

delma

sewgarden 01-07-2011 01:19 PM

Thoughts are with you

biscuitqueen 01-07-2011 08:29 PM

((((HUGS))))

Jill 01-07-2011 09:07 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with you at this most difficult time. I have lost both parents and it takes as must strength as you can find. Please feel the support we have for you.

rahaube 01-07-2011 09:48 PM

Windwalker, I am so sorry to hear of your impending loss. The loss of someone we love is not something we can ever really be prepared for even when we know it is inevitable. I pray God will give you strength for each day. That he will surround you with his love and lift you up. I am glad that you know that God's hand is at work even in the difficult times. You are one busy lady even without the added responsibility of helping your Mother. May God richly bless you.

QuiltinPaws 01-07-2011 11:07 PM

Words can't express the loss and sorrow you and your family are feeling. You will be in my prayers. You are so blessed to have had your dad for all the days he is with you. I lost my daddy 50 years ago and my mother 2 years ago. They are always with us, even when God takes them home.

fktsewing 01-08-2011 07:27 AM

God be with you and your family--my thoughts and prayers are with you all. It is not easy, but do be thankful for the time to say what is in your heart. Some never get the chance. I wish for you peace.

lnikkers52 01-08-2011 06:32 PM

So So Sorry , God can and will help you through this.

sueisallaboutquilts 01-08-2011 08:53 PM

I am so sorry for you. We all go through this, but it's never easy, no matter what.
We are all connected in the universe and there is a plan. I guess we aren't meant to understand it. I know I don't but I try very hard to accept what is.
I am praying for all of you and send lots of hugs and love.
I was with my Dad when he died and I remember being happy that he knew I loved him with all my heart and I was a good daughter to him. I had no amends to make and now, several years later I'm forever grateful that I had been blessed with such a wonderful dad.
He is always with me :)

Windwalker 01-09-2011 05:05 PM

Just an update. We built a wheelchair ramp on Saturday (1/8) for him. The timing was good it was my mother's birthday and the extra people at the house kept her busy. Today they delivered a hospital bed for him. It was brought in at my dad's request. For him to make this request tells us we really don't have much time. He is getting weaker by the day.

He said he is not afraid of where he's headed. He won't have the cancer any more. His only regret is leaving my mom behind. My sister, 3 brothers and their families are visiting on a daily basis. My husband and I are at their house several times a day since we live the closest.

I was telling my sister about this site and of all the prayers from around the world coming in, she was so touched. You guys are the greatest. Thank you so much.