Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Still need help planning vacation (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/still-need-help-planning-vacation-t151715.html)

Jaynie 09-09-2011 05:17 PM

Hubby & I will leave in about a week and half from west Texas for an extended vacation in the New England area. Of course there is lots to see going to and from there also. This trip has been up in the air a couple of times due to weather up north...but most say go ahead and go. Any of you that have suggestions for "must see places" east of Texas, we would still like to here from you. We plan to be gone about a month so we hope to do & see everything we want on this trip of a lifetime. Traveling with our 5th wheel camper, so RV park suggestions helpful too. I have had a few wonderful suggestions, but can really use some more. Thanks everyone!!!

Julie in NM 09-09-2011 05:19 PM

Keepsake Quilting comes to mind.

ljsunflower 09-09-2011 05:21 PM

Stop in Batesville AR for Marshall Dry Goods.

I'm not sure I'd go to the northeast now. Not after Irene & TS Lee. Lots of places are under water or the bridges are washed away.

Yellowstone is beautiful this time of the year. :)

Jaynie 09-09-2011 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by ljsunflower
Stop in Batesville AR for Marshall Dry Goods.

I'm not sure I'd go to the northeast now. Not after Irene & TS Lee. Lots of places are under water or the bridges are washed away.

Yellowstone is beautiful this time of the year. :)

Thanks for heads up about Marshall Dry Goods, I've heard several talk about it, but forgot where it was. I have communicated with a few board members in the N.E. area and there seems to still be plenty of area to go that were not too badly hit. I am also monitoring a few websites regarding the weather and conditions in the areas. THANKS

blueangel 09-09-2011 05:32 PM

Have a wonderful trip.

sewgull 09-09-2011 05:43 PM

Tennessee and Smokie Mountains are beautiful in the fall.
Of course I think South Carolina is great. S.C. has some of the best campgrounds anywhere. Several are right on the ocean. Do you belong Good Sams RV Club?

Jaynie 09-09-2011 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by sewgull
Of course I think South Carolina is great. S.C. has some of the best campgrounds anywhere. Several are right on the ocean. Do you belong Good Sams RV Club?

Yes, we are Sam members...any place you recommend?

Jaynie 09-09-2011 05:59 PM

Kinda thinking we will go over to Miss. then up through Tenn. hit Graceland & Nashville (opry, country music hall of fame, etc), then Kentucky,...???? have Niagra Falls on our list, maybe Ft. Knox. After a week or so in N.E. area maybe head down the east coast. HELP ME OUT PEOPLE...NEVER BEEN TOO FAR FROM HOME, SO WE ARE OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS

BETTY62 09-09-2011 07:20 PM

Eureka Springs, AR is a great place to visit. Check that area out on the web.

Buzzy Bee 09-09-2011 07:32 PM

Pigeon Fordge,Tenn. it's beautiful there...just got linked to a new campground there and it looks wonderful....google Up The Creek campground....there is so much to do in that area you'll want to stay a week...Try to bypass new york city and route yourself to upper state new york....I could fill a book of things to do and places to go up there....I love it....It's like being in another world, it's so different....In portland we went right down to the water and waited for the lobsterboats to come in and they sold us lobsters...we went to campground,made a fire and cooked them ...Have fun !!!

Originally Posted by Jaynie

Originally Posted by sewgull

Yes, we are Sam members...any place you recommend?