Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Still Snowing in Jersey (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/still-snowing-jersey-t37984.html)

May in Jersey 02-26-2010 04:30 AM

Heavy snow started yesterday morning (Thursday) and has continued overnight and expected to keep it up for the rest of today. First storm was from the west and the snow has blocked our back door, then a 2nd storm came from the ocean and now our front door is iced over and blocked as well as all the front windows. So glad we can get into our garage from the house and it's our way out, not that we're going anywhere. May in frozen Jersey

rootyr 02-26-2010 04:31 AM

We have dodged the bullet here in NY (Near Albany)

QBeth 02-26-2010 04:41 AM

Here, in southern NH, we had some snow n Weds then a lot of rain (2" - 4"). We've had some flood warnings and the rivers are really high. My sister, who lives about 10 miles north of me, is about 4 inches away from flood stage and may have to evacuate. There are two dams near her that are not being emptied properly for this type of weather. Two and three years ago, she was completed flooded, right up to the first floor of her split-level! What a mess!! it certainly increased my sympathy for people in the midwest, and elsewhere, that are flooded to the roof line.

Lisanne 02-26-2010 04:43 AM

I'm jealous. Here in my part of central PA, we had plenty of warnings, but not even enough snow to bother with boots for. They're predicting 2 - 4 inches more today "in some areas" but it looks like it'll miss my town.

I've never heared of an entire front door being iced shut. Not good at all.

Stay warm and safe!

May in Jersey 02-26-2010 05:03 AM

DH was just watching the news on TV, supposed to keep snowing today and into tomorrow with another 4 - 5". We have to get out there and at least clear off one car and part of the driveway. Might be difficult because mid day yesterday it rained and made icy slush on top the the snow we already received so now we have 6" of snow on top of the icy slush. Snow blower doesn't blow this stuff very well. We'll see what we can do and probably will come in and out of the house through the garage until everything melts. May in Jersey

red roses 02-26-2010 05:14 AM

Hi May! We're getting snow here in Valley Forge. The winds blew all night it seemed. I felt like I was sleeping in a haunted house!

paintedquilt 02-26-2010 06:29 AM

We're getting that storm now. I can hear my husband outside with the snowblower and its sputtering and backfiring (the snowblower, not my husband). I hope it will last the winter and possibly the spring!

stitchinMamaw 02-26-2010 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by paintedquilt
We're getting that storm now. I can hear my husband outside with the snowblower and its sputtering and backfiring (the snowblower, not my husband). I hope it will last the winter and possibly the spring!

Thanks for the laugh ! LMAO Almost snorted m y hot chocolate ! Luckily that snow missed us

:D Annie

Boston1954 02-26-2010 07:17 AM

You can send some my way. I MISS it.

tlrnhi 02-26-2010 07:49 AM

No snow here!