Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Stolen packages (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/stolen-packages-t84022.html)

amandasgramma 12-20-2010 08:28 AM

We've thought about getting a camera like that. My friend got one to prove her soon-to-be ex was harrassing her. Yeah, they caught him....trying to reach up thru the cat door to get to the door knob!!!!! Another neighbor was able to catch the kids that were throwing eggs at houses.... :) :)

pittsburgpam 12-20-2010 09:30 AM

I want to get a camera system. I have one infrared one that was hooked up to my PC upstairs but I had problems with it. I've looked at whole packages at electronics stores, need to seriously start evaluating what would suit my needs.

Carron 12-20-2010 09:44 AM

Well, perhaps a box equiped with the hot wires that are used on fences (they give a jolt but not leathol) would be a surprise for the low life person who insists that they may take what ever when ever they please.

Be sure to place a sign that reads "DO NOT TOUCH". If they choose to ignore the sign, oh well. It is a "what part of "DO NOT TOUCH" do you not understand?

jbud2 12-20-2010 10:04 AM

We used my husband's 'game camera' to catch who was spilling the cat food bucket out in the barn. One night is was an opossum, the next it was a BIG raccoon! We keep the food now inside a locked room!

franie 12-20-2010 10:15 AM

Awful to have to live like that.

ljsunflower 12-20-2010 10:16 AM

these kinds of things will get more prevalent as the economy tanks even further. People are stealing anything they think they can sell or hock at a pawn shop. Whether they are still buying drugs with the money or food for their families is another discussion.

Treasureit 12-20-2010 10:18 AM

We are living in tough times for many. But theft is never the answer! I wonder what they will make with fabric???? They are probably very disappointed.

pittsburgpam 12-20-2010 10:41 AM

The fabric probably got dumped somewhere when they saw what it was. It was about $60 worth.

pookie ookie 12-20-2010 11:08 AM

Purchase a sign that says something like, "This property is monitored by security cameras." for future use.

In my neighborhood, when the porch thefts started, they were quickly followed by break-ins. We have Marine Corps and Army stickers on our windows and vehicles. We were the only ones never bothered. My neighbors with a fancy security system had a break-in.

When I was a kid, it was neighborhood teens who did the break-ins. Now, it's adult meth-heads who ride their bikes through neighborhoods all day long scouting. We also have home invasion robberies because there's a university nearby. That's not the meth-heads. That's jilted dealers hitting the wrong house.

What a wonderful world! Hope your packages remain unmolested and you get your Christmas gifts.

Aunt Patti 12-20-2010 11:12 AM

I have had the happen here what nervesame