Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Stopping to Smell the Flowers.......... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/stopping-smell-flowers-t136787.html)

Shemjo 07-17-2011 06:38 AM

Wow, Billy, what an adventure! And how fortunate to have such a supportive wife!

Thanks for sharing the story. But now rest up and give those knees a rest! I love back roads, but I want a good map as well.

Nanjun 07-17-2011 08:05 AM

You did accomplish some of what you started out to do. The heat is unbearable and saps your strength even if you are a well person. I think the fall would be more comfortable.
I am proud of you for trying.

Granny Charley 07-17-2011 08:13 AM

What a blessing to see the eagles. We sometimes forget about the wonderful creatures God has given us and most of the time we don't take the time to notice them. I am glad you took the time to "smell the roses" even tho it was not quite what you planned. Maybe next time.

wvdek 07-18-2011 12:25 AM

"If God brings you to it,
He will bring you through it.

Happy moments, praise God.
Difficult moments, seek God.
Quiet moments, worship God.
Painful moments, trust God.
Every moment, thank God."

God IS good!

I'm glad you are taking the time to smell the roses. My DS is down from CT doing just that. We ate out on the deck tonight and watched as the deer came up from the woods to eat from the apple tree, saw an Indigo Bunting at the feeder, hummingbirds feeding nearby, and then I took her around to the other side of the deck and we sat on my new swing for the next four or so hours talking and laughing. My DD came out and told us it was 10:00 and we needed to come in and go to bed! Lol, we didn't realize what time it was. Tomorrow we are going to pick blueberries. I love the country.

scrappy happy 07-19-2011 06:32 PM

Thank you Billy, this is kind of funny but just before I read your post I was outside looking at the funny clouds in the sky and enjoying them. Than I come in and read your post. I'm so thankful to have learned to smell the rose and so glad that you to have learn that to. There is so many small things out there, that we all pass up everyday when we don't take the time to look at them. They maybe very small but there is so much beauty in them if we just look. May God walk with you threw this trouble times. Thanks for all the work you have done and will do on this site. Take care, scrappy happy

burnsk 07-20-2011 08:19 PM

Billy, any updates? Hope you are well.

Lostn51 07-21-2011 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by burnsk

None as of yet but hopefully tomorrow.....................

Billy

burnsk 07-21-2011 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Billy

Don't you just hate that? Every time I hear "tomorrow" I start singing. Maybe you should call and sing to them:
"The sun'll come out Tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar
That tomorrow
There'll be sun!
Just thinkin' about
Tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs,
And the sorrow
'Til there's none!
When I'm stuck a day
That's gray,
And lonely,
I just stick out my chin
And Grin,
And Say,
Oh - - -
The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
So ya gotta hang on
'Til tomorrow
Come what may
Tomorrow! Tomorrow!
I love ya Tomorrow!
You're always A day A way!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Now that tune is going to stick in your head.

Lostn51 07-21-2011 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Billy

Don't you just hate that? Every time I hear "tomorrow" I start singing. Maybe you should call and sing to them:
"The sun'll come out Tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar
That tomorrow
There'll be sun!
Just thinkin' about
Tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs,
And the sorrow
'Til there's none!
When I'm stuck a day
That's gray,
And lonely,
I just stick out my chin
And Grin,
And Say,
Oh - - -
The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
So ya gotta hang on
'Til tomorrow
Come what may
Tomorrow! Tomorrow!
I love ya Tomorrow!
You're always A day A way!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Now that tune is going to stick in your head.

LOL!!

Billy

kaykwilts 07-21-2011 12:17 PM

Thank you Billy...what an inspirational message. I will take your advice to heart, stop procrastinating, get MY telescope out, and go "smell some star flowers"....thank you for the kick in the you know where!!