Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Strange Weather in Oregon (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/strange-weather-oregon-t182674.html)

valsma 03-13-2012 09:14 AM

Strange Weather in Oregon

It is hard to believe it is March. Last night up and down the Oregon coast they got snow and according to my neice they had over 6" in Linclon City where she lives. According to a news item online the last time snow in March on the beach was 1966. One A.M. this morning I get up and it is snowing here in the valley on the valley floor. Then it starts to rain but it doesn't melt the snow off. Right now i'm looking into the back yard and we have a snow/rain mix happening. Strange weather this year.

Sandra-P 03-13-2012 09:45 AM

It does seem strange for Oregon. Hope your staying warm.

Kitsie 03-13-2012 10:15 AM

Yep, I'm just north of you and we have the same thing. Dang solar flares! Just kidding, but yes, its weird.

valsma 03-13-2012 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Sandra-P (Post 5056868)
It does seem strange for Oregon. Hope your staying warm.

Had to go over to WalMart to buy a new alarm clock and it was practically white out conditions over on the hwy. Brrrrrr! Nothing is sticking though because it is really a wet snow and the temp is just warm enough to keep it from freezing. If it gets cold tonight it is going to be a real nightmare in the morning.

Chasing Hawk 03-13-2012 12:54 PM

Just be thankful we are getting our snowpack closer to normal levels. We need the water for the aquafier for those who have wells instead of citified water.......lol

valsma 03-13-2012 02:14 PM

Chasing Hawk, your so right. Not only the water but we need to keep the fire danger down up in the forest. Besides the snow seems to assure a great huckelberry picking season.

TexasSunshine 03-13-2012 02:53 PM

Well, it is 80 degrees here in East Texas today.

Lori S 03-13-2012 02:54 PM

Well we have strange weather here in the Chicago area . It hit 70 degree here today and they say tommorow maybe close to 80 degrees. Just very strange to have all my windows open in the middle of March.

euandca 03-13-2012 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by valsma (Post 5056781)
It is hard to believe it is March. Last night up and down the Oregon coast they got snow and according to my neice they had over 6" in Linclon City where she lives. According to a news item online the last time snow in March on the beach was 1966. One A.M. this morning I get up and it is snowing here in the valley on the valley floor. Then it starts to rain but it doesn't melt the snow off. Right now i'm looking into the back yard and we have a snow/rain mix happening. Strange weather this year.

It is strange weather here in Mi. It was almost 70 today. We have had very little snow. Had a lot of straight wind damage in my town and a hot, hot summer. This summer should be interesting to see just what we get weather wise.

decky 03-13-2012 05:43 PM

Weather has always been strange. My husband has been going thru some letters that are date 1933 and one stated that our city had snow on May1 in that year.