Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Struck me "funny" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/struck-me-funny-t283738.html)

citruscountyquilter 11-14-2016 10:08 AM

I taught marketing classes at a university and had a whole collection of dumb product warnings that I used in class lectures. Since retiring I've not visited those in some time but a couple that I remember was the warning on a sun shield that you use on the windshield to keep the sun out said "do not drive with sun shield in place" like they think some idiot is going to drive with a piece of cardboard covering the windshield! Another one was for a hot brush used to straighten hair. It said "do not use while sleeping". Tell me, how do you do that anyway! Wish I could think of more because we all need a good laugh today. Maybe others can add to this.

llong0233 11-14-2016 10:14 AM

Love irony when it is unintended! Very funny.

grannie cheechee 11-14-2016 11:00 AM

How about the warning on coffee cups?? Caution, Hot Liquid.

cathyvv 11-14-2016 11:16 AM

Agree, seems obvious, but perhaps they had instances of the behavior being warned about before they put the warning on. Although, if you can't figure out not to do what the warning said not to do, you probably can't figure out how to read the warnings, either.

cashs_mom 11-14-2016 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by annievee (Post 7698632)
Chasing Hawk,so funny ! Had elderly neighbor, he got new upper denture, one spot was causing him some pain, he went to his workshop, used his Dremel on plate, fixed the problem and never went back to that dentist--ha !

I did that one my night guard after I had a front tooth capped and the night guard was too tight.

purplefiend 11-14-2016 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by sparkys_mom (Post 7698907)
Don't laugh. Lots of people use Dremels to keep their dog's nails in check and my podiatrist uses something suspiciously like a Dremel to smooth everything down when he's finished.

Dh uses a Dremel tool on our dogs nails, it works great.

ptquilts 11-14-2016 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by citruscountyquilter (Post 7699098)
I taught marketing classes at a university and had a whole collection of dumb product warnings that I used in class lectures. Since retiring I've not visited those in some time but a couple that I remember was the warning on a sun shield that you use on the windshield to keep the sun out said "do not drive with sun shield in place" like they think some idiot is going to drive with a piece of cardboard covering the windshield! Another one was for a hot brush used to straighten hair. It said "do not use while sleeping". Tell me, how do you do that anyway! Wish I could think of more because we all need a good laugh today. Maybe others can add to this.

There was a show on TLC about "My Weird Obsession" or something like that. One of the people was a woman who slept with a running hair drier.

ctrysass2012 11-14-2016 07:55 PM

Bought a Dremel just to use on the dog's toes. Both dogs hated having their nails cut & it was always a trial. Used the Dremel & they were more curious than nervous. Also no sharp edges when the nails were done.

DebbieJJ 11-15-2016 12:34 AM

How about the warning on a curling iron that I bought once that said "Do not use on eyelashes"!

institches33 11-15-2016 05:50 AM

On Alka Seltzer tablets: Do not swallow whole.