Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   stuffing or dressing????? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/stuffing-dressing-t77605.html)

trupeach1 11-20-2010 12:40 PM

Do you stuff your turkey or put it in a casserole and bake it along side????

I stuff my turkey. I love stuffing an all year long if I stuff a bird I make all different kinds of stuffing. Apple/raisin, cranberry/orange, or sausage. However for Thanksgiving I like a plain old fashioned cornbread stuffing. I make the cornbread the day before when it is cool I cut it into cubes and let it sit out to dry. I also make a loaf of white bread and do the same thing. In the morning I chop onion and celery and saute in butter and oil until golden brown. I add chicken broth, seasoning and then the breads. I toss until just coated and moist. Then in the turkey it goes. YUMMMOOOO.

What do you do??????

magnolia 11-20-2010 12:48 PM

I eat whatever somebody else has made-as long there aren't any onions in it. :)

CarrieAnne 11-20-2010 12:48 PM

I put mine alongside it in a casserole dish. I love stuffing too!

amma 11-20-2010 12:50 PM

I stuff and then make extra in a casserole dish...
I like to have a lot of leftovers after everyone went home :wink: :D:D:D

finch 11-20-2010 12:52 PM

I stuff my turkey.I learned that the hard way.I was asked to bring the dressing for the turkey dinner at work one time,,so I bought a bunch of different dressings and when asked where the dressing was,I pointed it out and I was so embarrassed.They meant for me to bring the stuffing!!It all depends on where you are from as to what they call it.Anyway,I put mine in the turkey cavity.

Scissor Queen 11-20-2010 01:07 PM

I never put stuffing in the turkey. I cook my turkey in an electric roaster so I put the dressing in a casserole dish and bake it separate.

My dressing is pretty simple though, I use a bag of Pepperidge Farms, some garlic and butter salad croutons, finely diced onion and celery, a stick of butter, the turkey neck and heart cooked and minced, 4 eggs, and enough chicken broth to make it moist. I saute the onion and celery in the stick of butter until the onion and celery are well cooked.

ssgramma 11-20-2010 01:24 PM

Dressing! CRUSTY dressing :-)

Qbee 11-20-2010 01:29 PM

Well I'm from East Texas and we always did "dressing" which meant in a casserole dish.....although some may have called it stuffing....either way I honestly have never seen it IN the turkey except in pictures....LOL :D Now as far as how to make it....every Mom had her own "secret" recipe...LOL.

Qbee 11-20-2010 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by finch
I stuff my turkey.I learned that the hard way.I was asked to bring the dressing for the turkey dinner at work one time,,so I bought a bunch of different dressings and when asked where the dressing was,I pointed it out and I was so embarrassed.They meant for me to bring the stuffing!!It all depends on where you are from as to what they call it.Anyway,I put mine in the turkey cavity.

ROFL!! I love that!!!

BMP 11-20-2010 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by finch

Are You My Sister by any chance, she would have done the same thing.....