Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   such beauty (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/such-beauty-t254893.html)

happydaze 10-07-2014 02:32 AM

such beauty

I have just had the most delicious feast of eye candy ever of pictures of autumn on pinterest.
You are so blessed in your country to have proper seasons especially autumn with colours oh so gloruius.

Geri B 10-07-2014 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by happydaze (Post 6918501)
I have just had the most delicious feast of eye candy ever of pictures of autumn on pinterest.
You are so blessed in your country to have proper seasons especially autumn with colours oh so gloruius.

...Australia dies not have fall color changing foliage? Never thought of it....wonder where else in world the dramatic color change occurs...or not......but, hate to think of what follows that...brrrrrrr!

DOTTYMO 10-07-2014 04:36 AM

UK. Is one today temp in midlands 8* c. With rain.
In Scotland on the top of some hills snow is falling.
Our trees at present are beautiful with a wide rainbow of colours, yellow orange, browns and green evergreens.
Some flowers, Michaelmas daisy, to name one. Due to our warm weather last few weeks we have very many late flowers . I have a bright res rhodedandrum bush.

Jingle 10-07-2014 08:21 AM

Some of our trees are in various color changes. I love cooler weather.

NikkiLu 10-07-2014 01:27 PM

Doesn't Australia have different seasons too? Some years are better than others for the trees to turn the bright oranges/yellows. Depends on the amount of rain, daylight, temperatures - early frost or late frost, etc. Certain kinds of trees have better colors than others - mostly around here is elm or oak trees and they are very dull brown. The maple trees are the ones that are so colorful. Some specialty trees turn brilliant red or orange.

lynnie 10-07-2014 02:05 PM

I LOVE living on Long Island NY. the colors are great!!!

Carol Wilson 10-08-2014 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B (Post 6918578)
...Australia dies not have fall color changing foliage? Never thought of it....wonder where else in world the dramatic color change occurs...or not......but, hate to think of what follows that...brrrrrrr!

Australia does have fall/autumn colours here in Victoria and the high country the autumn colours are spectacular. Evergreen trees do not have fall/autumn colours but deciduous trees do. Autumn colour in the southern states of Australia is spectacular as Melbourne is renowned for its parks and gardens and beautifull trees.

Barbshobbies 10-08-2014 12:26 PM

We took a trip to Port Washington, WI yesterday. The colors are the best. From golden yellow, pink, dark gold, med. red, wine, burgundy, and real dark red. Often two or three colors on one tree. When we had buyers for farm items, from all over the U.S., they always commented on the deep,strong colors we have here.

TacoMama 10-09-2014 03:00 AM

I love the fall colors. I live in Alabama and we do have pretty colors and a few mountains in the east side of the county where I live, but I really love the New England area which I have only seen in pictures.

just joan 10-09-2014 04:24 AM

Northern Michigan is nearly full color today. It is just beautiful. But if the wind keeps blowing and its raining the color will not last. It is getting colder here. 50 degrees. I am not looking forward to cold weather.