Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Sunday Afternoon Football (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/sunday-afternoon-football-t153915.html)

sew1096 09-20-2011 12:21 AM

I love NASCAR. Hendrick Motor Sports is the best - especially Jeff Gordon!

I like Baseball (Giants) and football (GO Steelers!)

I don't think I like this new rule in football of the coach not being able to challenge a scoring play. I think the refs messed up today.

I have never cared for Basketball.

BarbaraSue 09-20-2011 07:40 AM

Football and Nascar occupy my Dh while I can concentrate on sewing, or this board lol :)

scrappy2 09-20-2011 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by crafty pat
It keeps my DH happy while I quilt.

Amen!

Sheila_H 09-20-2011 05:07 PM

I love NFL, NHL, NASCAR (Roush drivers), and college football (OSU or OU). I can quilt while sports are on and DH is nice and quiet, most of the time he is depends on if his team is winning or losing lol

I used to play softball, soccer and floor hockey growing up so I still follow all of them.

GrannyHanaDa 09-21-2011 05:31 AM

I love the season, but hate sports, I am with you!

We are going to start a "Sports Widows" stitching group this year for those that don't want to be in the house while the sports are on.....yippee it is a win win for us!

Winkee 09-22-2011 05:28 PM

Not me, I dislike football very much. My boys did not play and my grandsons don't either. They do play soccer however, the real "football".

IrishNY 09-22-2011 05:47 PM

Love football and baseball. Go Bills! Go Yankees!

Wonnie 11-02-2011 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray (Post 4236347)
Who is happy football season is here again?

Who can live nicely without professional sports?

I LOVE football as well as soccer, hockey, baseball and the Olympics so I'm happy!!!

Carol's Quilts 11-02-2011 01:16 PM

Count me as happy, happy, happy that football season is finally here. I've been waiting since JANUARY !!
I am a HUGE Pittsburgh Steelers fan and have been for over 40 years. I jump, holler, scream, pound the chair arms,
stomp the floor, cross my fingers, talk to the players, hold my breath, cross my fingers, pray, laugh, cry and generally act like a crazy ol' grandma! I won't go to family events or holiday dinners if there is a game on, I plan my day around the game, like dinner, shopping, running errands and, of course, no quiliting. Bathroom breaks only occur during timeouts or commercials! I have all my TV's on in every room so if I have to go from one room to another, I don't miss a thing! Yep, I love me some Steeler football. I'm twirling my Terrible Towel with joy in my heart! LUV YA, BLACK AND GOLD !

I also love Penn State college ball and have every since I was a freshman there in 1958. However, my husband went to Pitt (the schools were big rivals), so we were constantly teasing each other. On the one day of the year when Penn State and Pitt played each other, there was WAR at our house! I'm alone now, but I still love my football games. Me, myself and I have a great time!

Sandra in Minnesota 11-02-2011 01:24 PM

I enjoy football, too. Especially the Vikings, and secondly the Packers!